Aggresive Pup Not Sure If This Is Right Place To Post

my issue with this whole thing is u had been a member here for over two months and went out and bought a mutt.... an overly priced mutt at that!!!you would have thought you would have learnt something her but obviously not!!!

My issue is the 'supposed' research into getting this particular crossbreed, when only a very short time ago the OP was emailing Labrador breeders. :) Not once, in any thread the OP started about wanting to get a new dog, were these crossbreeds mentioned. Sounds like an impulse buy to me!!

edit to say: research? yeah right!

Edited by LuvMyWhiteShep

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care if u are black white puple 19, 50 or 100 single mum or happily married with 30 kids...

my issue with this whole thing is u had been a member here for over two months and went out and bought a mutt.... an overly priced mutt at that!!!you would have thought you would have learnt something her but obviously not!!!

people that cross any sort of big bull breed piss me off and the people that buy them even more so, why? because the breeders of these dogs dont take into consideration temperment all they see is dollar signs, breeders like that and purchasers like you are the reason so many dogs are at risk of being ban under bsl....

from what ive read and seen of american bull dogs they can be a handful and have very uneven temps and then some bright spark decided to go cross it with some thing else?

sorry about how blunt im being but when it comes to issues like this it really drives me nuts

this is totally off topic once again, but being the sucker i am i'll bite back.

ppl who cross breed big bull breeds usually dont get much 4 there dogs in the first place so if it were money ur concerned about ide be abusing the ppl who cross lil cute dogs, also it is my personal chioce to go out and buy a mutt whom i bought after alot of consideration, when have you seen an american bulldog acting like it has an uneven temp? yes they are a handful but i knew that b4 i got him, like someone else said you being a board member yourself should know better than to slag of breeds, i once saw a dog whomm was supposedly an american pit bull nearly maul a puppy to death but ill be the first to stand up for the breed. maybe you shouldnt be so judgemental, he is crossed with an aussie bulldog which you didnt seem to be able to remember. its true that their may be a dog from that litter that ends up biting/mauling someone but i'll bet my bottom dollar it aint the dogs fault. aussie x american was the dog i wanted.

if you have anything to add which might be on topic and helpful feel free.

My issue is the 'supposed' research into getting this particular crossbreed, when only a very short time ago the OP was emailing Labrador breeders. :rofl: Not once, in any thread the OP started about wanting to get a new dog, were these crossbreeds mentioned. Sounds like an impulse buy to me!!

just because i didnt post about wanting an american bulldog or aussie bulldog doesnt mean anything do you want to know what i had 4 breakfast? i did alot of research on both breeds and couldnt decide which i wanted, so when i saw these advertised i thought about it, took me 3weeks to decide, call it implulse if u like. :eek: back to topic? :)

I highly doubt that ADT will travel to Sale and only charge $80, I may be wrong, but I think they are Melbourne based. If he hasn't already contacted you I would recommend that you contact Tonymc, he is experienced with these types of dog and should be able to advise you.

My issue is the 'supposed' research into getting this particular crossbreed, when only a very short time ago the OP was emailing Labrador breeders. :rofl: Not once, in any thread the OP started about wanting to get a new dog, were these crossbreeds mentioned. Sounds like an impulse buy to me!!

just because i didnt post about wanting an american bulldog or aussie bulldog doesnt mean anything do you want to know what i had 4 breakfast? i did alot of research on both breeds and couldnt decide which i wanted, so when i saw these advertised i thought about it, took me 3weeks to decide, call it implulse if u like. :eek: back to topic? :)

Just remember that just because you THINK you got the best of both breeds in one dog does not mean YOU DO..

just because i didnt post about wanting an american bulldog or aussie bulldog doesnt mean anything do you want to know what i had 4 breakfast? i did alot of research on both breeds and couldnt decide which i wanted, so when i saw these advertised i thought about it, took me 3weeks to decide, call it implulse if u like. :rofl: back to topic? :)

Really showing your maturity now :eek: <---- and that's intended to be a 'slow' clap.

Edited by LuvMyWhiteShep

I highly doubt that ADT will travel to Sale and only charge $80, I may be wrong, but I think they are Melbourne based. If he hasn't already contacted you I would recommend that you contact Tonymc, he is experienced with these types of dog and should be able to advise you.

thank you, who is tonymc? and how do i contact him? i was just looking at the adt web page they sound awesome but yeah they are a fair way away.

thank you, who is tonymc? and how do i contact him? i was just looking at the adt web page they sound awesome but yeah they are a fair way away.

Talk about coincidence Tony is posting at this very moment :)

This thread. has got sillier and sillier!!!!More and more ignorant as it goes on.

Those carrying on negatively in this thread how about trying this for a change.

When somebody asks for help with a problem,stick to answers that might actually help the problem!!!!!

Do not pry into somebody"s personal life and circumstances!!!!

Do not assume you know the exact circumstances the OP is in!!!!!

All the garabage about the poster buying a mutt and so is irelevant as the reality is the Op has the Dog and wants to rectify a problem.

Sammy Ballerina,that is one hell of a silly and ignorant statement about American Bulldogs!!!!Are you an expert?Of course not!!!!With statements like that who needs BSL!!!!!

I take my Hat off to those who helped and to those who acted otherwise, well its time to get a life!!!!Remember the old saying"Let he who is perfect,throw the first stone!!!!" Tony

Just remember that just because you THINK you got the best of both breeds in one dog does not mean YOU DO..

yea i know but there is a chance and i like both breeds so doesnt bother me. :vomit:

This thread. has got sillier and sillier!!!!More and more ignorant as it goes on.

When somebody asks for help with a problem,stick to answers that might actually help the problem!!!!!

All the garabage about the poster buying a mutt and so is irelevant as the reality is the Op has the Dog and wants to rectify a problem.

Sammy Ballerina,that is one hell of a silly and ignorant statement about American Bulldogs!!!!Are you an expert?Of course not!!!!With statements like that who needs BSL!!!!!

I take my Hat off to those who helped and to those who acted otherwise, well its time to get a life!!!!Remember the old saying"Let he who is perfect,throw the first stone!!!!" Tony

thank you.

i was told you may be able to give me some advice? i really want to sort my pup out! :)

:)

A&E - Sorry didnt realise you were so far away :rofl:

I get confused.

People say you should buy a pure bred because you get a predictable temperament.

People say purebreds have a temperament based on intended purpose - like guarding, or herding, or chasing. It's part of the breed standard. Some breeds have a strong prey drive, others are very "independent" and hard to train, tenacious, some tend toward dominance, some are "game", some can be a little timid, others are lazy and easy going, or smart and eager to please - etc.

But if you say "You should be careful of x breed because they have y characteristics, you get told "You can't say that - a dog is what you make it." !! :) The whole BSL paranoia seems to raise it's ugly head.

Huskie owners admit their dog's are a handful and not for inexperienced owners because they have a particular temperament and tend to act a certain way.

This is what I don't understand - why can't we admit that some breeds, due to breeding, are harder to manage than other breeds in certain respects? It MUST be true, because otherwise all the breed standards as they relate to temperament and behaviour must be a lie.

And logically if it IS true, then cross breeding 2 of these challenging breeds can't be a good idea, because now you have challenging breeds and unpredictable results from the cross-breeding.

An American Bulldog is typically a happy, friendly, and assertive dog that is at ease with its family and fine with strangers as they get to know the stranger in question. They are quite fond of children but sometimes do not know their own strength. Thus, as with all dogs, they should be supervised with small children. They bond strongly with their master and family but, because of strong guarding instincts and a somewhat dominant attitude, they need a firm but fair hand; they should be socialized and obedience trained early to expose them to other dogs and people and to ensure that they can be controlled around company as they get older and larger, they can be stubborn/strong willed and mischievous if not exercised enough. It should be noted that an American Bulldog is not a dog that should be purchased by people who are not experienced dog owners. It's a powerfull and strong headed dog who needs an owner with determination and knowledge about training.

They are working dogs with high energy drives. They need room to expend their energy, and so American Bulldogs do best in a home with a backyard and preferably a "job" to do. A tired well worked bulldog is a happy bulldog. They are not always well behaved towards cats and smaller pets, but correct socialization at an early age can greatly increase the chances of them accepting these animals. This behavior is a reflection of a breed trait called prey drive. High prey drive is a desirable trait in an American Bulldog. A well bred American Bulldog is a catch dog of large herbivores. They can be stubborn with training though once they are trained they tend to obey their masters faithfully. American bulldog puppies can be relatively difficult to housebreak, thus it is important to be persistent.

The American Bulldog standard in height and weight seems to allow massive variations, there are 2 different types - the Johnson type and the Scott type however, many modern American Bulldogs are a combination of the two types - so a fair bit of variability in appearance and no uniform standard could mean the same for temperament too, for various reasons I am sure breeders would understand.

I had a look at the Aussie Bulldog sites - frankly it looks like a developing breed that at the moment is just a cross breed itself. The "standard" is pretty loose and not very detailed. On temperament it says - Loyal, fierce in appearance, but extremely outgoing and affectionate in nature. Very stable and predictable. Enjoys activity, however a lot of exercise is not necessary for health and mental stability. The breed craves human attention. Some may not tolerate aggressive overtures by other dogs. Not much to go on.

So one parent is not a purebred, and the other is a breed with a substantial degree of variability. Seems a reasonable thing to say that it is very difficult to know what you're going to get temperament wise, but it ain't going to be a walk in the park!!

I think at the beginning we tried to give the best advice.. Get a professional in, thats my opinion.

As is shown in many posts here..sometimes what we see happening is not exactly what is happening. We tend to colour our view with human emotions and intentions. Your initial post was about aggression and biting from a 10 week old puppy. Without the correct advice in person, this can turn into a major problem. An overly insecure dog, or an overly assertive/dominant dog..you don't want either from such a young pup showing so much aggression. The way you treat it now will imprint the type of behaviour it will adopt to deal with all situations later. With young children this is a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree nobody has a right to judge you or your personal situation..But everyone has a right to be concerned about aggressive dogs mixing with young children.

I hope you seek professional advice soon. Remember this pups true personality hasn't come out yet..you only just got him. A few more weeks may tell a completely different story.

If your heart is saying "I should be concerned"..then listen to it..it is guiding you in the right direction.

I think at the beginning we tried to give the best advice.. Get a professional in, thats my opinion.

As is shown in many posts here..sometimes what we see happening is not exactly what is happening. We tend to colour our view with human emotions and intentions. Your initial post was about aggression and biting from a 10 week old puppy. Without the correct advice in person, this can turn into a major problem. An overly insecure dog, or an overly assertive/dominant dog..you don't want either from such a young pup showing so much aggression. The way you treat it now will imprint the type of behaviour it will adopt to deal with all situations later. With young children this is a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree nobody has a right to judge you or your personal situation..But everyone has a right to be concerned about aggressive dogs mixing with young children.

I hope you seek professional advice soon. Remember this pups true personality hasn't come out yet..you only just got him. A few more weeks may tell a completely different story.

If your heart is saying "I should be concerned"..then listen to it..it is guiding you in the right direction.

thats the thing im not worried, i was at first and then ive realised what is going on i am planning on getting professional help, but i am pretty good judge of characture and he doesnt worry me, i will not put my kids at risk i have seen the horrible things that have happend. thank you for your concern.

I get confused.

People say you should buy a pure bred because you get a predictable temperament.

People say purebreds have a temperament based on intended purpose - like guarding, or herding, or chasing. It's part of the breed standard. Some breeds have a strong prey drive, others are very "independent" and hard to train, tenacious, some tend toward dominance, some are "game", some can be a little timid, others are lazy and easy going, or smart and eager to please - etc.

But if you say "You should be careful of x breed because they have y characteristics, you get told "You can't say that - a dog is what you make it." !! :) The whole BSL paranoia seems to raise it's ugly head.

Huskie owners admit their dog's are a handful and not for inexperienced owners because they have a particular temperament and tend to act a certain way.

This is what I don't understand - why can't we admit that some breeds, due to breeding, are harder to manage than other breeds in certain respects? It MUST be true, because otherwise all the breed standards as they relate to temperament and behaviour must be a lie.

And logically if it IS true, then cross breeding 2 of these challenging breeds can't be a good idea, because now you have challenging breeds and unpredictable results from the cross-breeding.

An American Bulldog is typically a happy, friendly, and assertive dog that is at ease with its family and fine with strangers as they get to know the stranger in question. They are quite fond of children but sometimes do not know their own strength. Thus, as with all dogs, they should be supervised with small children. They bond strongly with their master and family but, because of strong guarding instincts and a somewhat dominant attitude, they need a firm but fair hand; they should be socialized and obedience trained early to expose them to other dogs and people and to ensure that they can be controlled around company as they get older and larger, they can be stubborn/strong willed and mischievous if not exercised enough. It should be noted that an American Bulldog is not a dog that should be purchased by people who are not experienced dog owners. It's a powerfull and strong headed dog who needs an owner with determination and knowledge about training.

They are working dogs with high energy drives. They need room to expend their energy, and so American Bulldogs do best in a home with a backyard and preferably a "job" to do. A tired well worked bulldog is a happy bulldog. They are not always well behaved towards cats and smaller pets, but correct socialization at an early age can greatly increase the chances of them accepting these animals. This behavior is a reflection of a breed trait called prey drive. High prey drive is a desirable trait in an American Bulldog. A well bred American Bulldog is a catch dog of large herbivores. They can be stubborn with training though once they are trained they tend to obey their masters faithfully. American bulldog puppies can be relatively difficult to housebreak, thus it is important to be persistent.

The American Bulldog standard in height and weight seems to allow massive variations, there are 2 different types - the Johnson type and the Scott type however, many modern American Bulldogs are a combination of the two types - so a fair bit of variability in appearance and no uniform standard could mean the same for temperament too, for various reasons I am sure breeders would understand.

I had a look at the Aussie Bulldog sites - frankly it looks like a developing breed that at the moment is just a cross breed itself. The "standard" is pretty loose and not very detailed. On temperament it says - Loyal, fierce in appearance, but extremely outgoing and affectionate in nature. Very stable and predictable. Enjoys activity, however a lot of exercise is not necessary for health and mental stability. The breed craves human attention. Some may not tolerate aggressive overtures by other dogs. Not much to go on.

So one parent is not a purebred, and the other is a breed with a substantial degree of variability. Seems a reasonable thing to say that it is very difficult to know what you're going to get temperament wise, but it ain't going to be a walk in the park!!

everything you have high lighted is not new to me, i have read it all and much more.

thats the thing im not worried, i was at first and then ive realised what is going on i am planning on getting professional help, but i am pretty good judge of characture and he doesnt worry me, i will not put my kids at risk i have seen the horrible things that have happend. thank you for your concern.

I'm not interested in the other crap that's gone on in this post, but I will say this - I hope you're serious about getting that professional help.

I thought I knew my dogs too - ones I've owned for 4 years and they are Jack Russell Terriers. How wrong I was. I was sure I knew what was going on with them, and who was causing the trouble, and why.

I'm not a professional and neither are you, and until a professional assesses your dog(s), you won't ever really know what you're dealing with.

Your original post was yesterday, and you were very concerned. Today, everything is OK.

I know from personal experience that it doesn't fix itself that easily and even bandaid attempts don't fix a serious underlying problem.

Good luck with your pup, I really do hope it all works out OK. But I would get that pro help.

I'm not interested in the other crap that's gone on in this post, but I will say this - I hope you're serious about getting that professional help.

I thought I knew my dogs too - ones I've owned for 4 years and they are Jack Russell Terriers. How wrong I was. I was sure I knew what was going on with them, and who was causing the trouble, and why.

I'm not a professional and neither are you, and until a professional assesses your dog(s), you won't ever really know what you're dealing with.

Your original post was yesterday, and you were very concerned. Today, everything is OK.

I know from personal experience that it doesn't fix itself that easily and even bandaid attempts don't fix a serious underlying problem.

yep will do. thank you. :)

Good luck with your pup, I really do hope it all works out OK. But I would get that pro help.

Well Tony now you've got that little sanctimonious rant off your chest do you by any chance have any positive advice for the OP?