Jack Isn't Himself Today -- Sore Shoulder?

Mooper

Woohoo so glad to hear it is nothing serious, and that the Vets are so impressed with how the Boofer is doing.. great stuff :(. Hopefully the supplements will kick in and Jack will be feeling 100% asap.

The turkey was bounding around the yard tonight when we got home, Clover. You just wouldn't believe it :D And that was *before* he'd had his first anti-inflammatory with all the supplements.

I can only begin to imagine how on-top-of-the-world he'll begin to feel soon. But I'll keep our walks to a standard pace instead of jogging from now on, just to be safe.

Does anyone know whether Joint Guard is less effective if you put it with pulped veges and meat in the freezer? I wanted to add a scoop to each takeaway container of BARF I made up tonight. But in case something like the vit C gets killed in the freezer, this week's BARF will have it added on top of the mix.

Jack was a good boy and ate all his dinner, including the anti-inflammatory tablet I buried in there :(

Just a quick update, and a question:

Jack is happy and bouncy on these anti-inflammatories, with the Joint Guard etc.

But he's scratching himself like crazy. We thought it was a contact allergy as it seemed to start soon after the lawn was mowed. However, it seems to be getting worse.

His last Advocate flea treatment was mid-January so it shouldn't be fleas ...

He did have a hydrobath last weekend but was thoroughly dried, so I don't think it's a reaction to the shampoo. And the scratching started two days later :offtopic:

Has anyone heard of a dog being allergic to anti-inflammatories or Joint Guard? Nothing else in his diet has changed.

Oh, sorry I missed seeing this earlier, Mooper.

I'm glad Jack's injury is not too serious, tell the boofer he's given mum & dad enough of a fright to last him the next 6 years.

I have no idea about the allergy.

Maybe Cody & Jack need to have an old man's meeting.

Where they stand around and stare at each other going "derrrr"

I think we'll have to wait a few years for them to get that bad :offtopic:

yeah, you're right. Now they stand around having good boy contests, they're not quite old and grumpy enough for old man contests.