Handstand

B-Q

On

at 1:12

I can understand how you would teach a dog to walk on its back legs but would this have to be the sort of thing a dog already did and just applying command, like some dogs stand on their front legs while peeing? Or could you teach it from scratch?

There is one with someone teaching a toller (she is yolle555's friend!).... I can't find it.

Really good breakdown - using a phonebook, then chair, then wall....

ETA:

Here it is :D

Wow i wonder how long that took to teach!

But the dog in the other clip is actually walking on their front paws!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they is a fun one to teach lol. Misty is starting step 2, mostly just because she is so antsy that I have to work specifily on holding still lol.

Electra will be going to on step 3, she was easy once I finally manged to get her on the box in the first place..that first step though, she was quite postive that stepping on the box was going to kill her or something lol.

Happy is on step 2, she undertstands the get on the box quite solidly, but she HATES training so I have to disguise it, I cant click or treat anything because she knows the click means training and she doesnt like treats so she will walk away. I had to play fetch with her and have her do like 20 other tricks alternating with getting on the box between fetches lol.

and Rusty? well he went back to kindergarten to learn that I control the treats, not some magic dismembered arm lol

ok, how the heck do you get the dog to back up onto the box? my girls all back up on command and they are all ready for the 3rd step, but they do NOT understand backing up onto the box, as soon as they encounter the box they turn away from it..

hmmm I will have to see what I can do about a barrier lol, diagionaly is what I meant by turning, I will walk into them and they will back up and suddenly turn diagonaly to avoid the box. somehow I gotta figer out 2 wall type barriers as the usual(couches, tables..) they just jump over to avoid the object in the way lol

• 1 month later...