Can Maltese Do Agility

Guest doggydo

Guest doggydo

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has seen a maltese do agility? If so, does it affect them in anyway, like damage to their legs, shoulders etc. I would love to do it, but Ive only watched it twice and never seen a maltese out there. :)

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has seen a maltese do agility? If so, does it affect them in anyway, like damage to their legs, shoulders etc. I would love to do it, but Ive only watched it twice and never seen a maltese out there. :)

We do have one in our club, she is a cutie. All dogs can do agility and they love it! Highly recommended :(

Btw any dog can get injured, but if you introuce physical activity gradually they have time to build up muscles and the chance of injury decreases.

Guest doggydo

Excellent, thanks everyone. What is the best age to start them training? Do they have to know basics in obedience first?

Hi. It does help to have some training first. If you go to Agility Dog Club or other agility clubs around Melbourne they have foundation course which will teach you the basics you need before starting on the equipment.

You will really enjoy it if you decide to go ahead.

Edited by helen

Guest doggydo

Thanks Helen. Holly will sit and drop, she comes when called but she wont stay, and if Im out she is naughty and wont listen. I will look into it, and probably have to do a bit of obedience first, Im so scared she will run off even though she loves me.