Best Dog Shampoo

B-Q

We used to use woolwash but it wasn't doing Buster's coat any good and we ended up buying some other stuff. After we ran out i got some P.A.W Sensitive Skin, Mild Shampoo (Rosemary and Sandalwood) and figured I'll try that. Their all being bathed tomorow.

Just wondering what you use and what else there is available as I'm pretty clueless on shampoo's.

One other thing, just at the base of his tail Buster has developed really corse hair that kinda flicks up slightly towards his tail, depending on how it dries. It's only appeared int he last sixth months or so and it drives me crazy that the rest of him is soft and fluffy and this one bit is really dense and corse. Is it just because thats where the hair meets?

he's never had fleas, he's been a bit itching the last few weeks but it started long before that. He does get a lot of tangles around his backside because he sits on his tailbone and spins around on it if you call him from the other direction, plus his peticoat hair on his legs is a bit longer so it gets a bit stuck. So maybe its soemthing to do with that?

I use Dermcare Natural Shampoo (reccommended by my vet). It's a gentle cleanser for normal - sensitive skin and smells a bit like coconut! I find it works well then I use Aloveen Oatmeal Conditioner it makes the coat feel supersoft, smells good too!!

I use fidos range only. If they are sensitive the oatmeal one mentioned is good. I have tried evry dog & horse shampoo on the market & now stick to the fidos range. The best thing I have found is that you tend to use much less to get the job done. If the dogs are not dirty I just use the itch free rinse in the hydrobath, I love the smell & haven't had fleas on my guys for over 2 years. It protects them against infestation for 3 days, this is long enough for most dog shows. :)