Intestinal Blockage?

Miranda

Well she is much better this morning, a lot brighter and eating a little. The vets at Werribee couldn't find anything wrong with her, but increased the strength of the antibiotics that were given by the first vet. They think that she has a bacterial infection and that it is clearing up now that the antibiotics have kicked in, but personally I think that Ari and settrlvr are correct and that she had a mild case of pancreatitis. Apparently the night before she got sick the owners had a party and she consumed a large amount of leftover pizza and I think that may have contributed.

But I guess we'll never know for sure although I have warned them about feeding her too much rubbish as they tend to keep her a little overweight.

If she still isn't normal by Friday she has to go back for an ultrasound, but at the moment she's definitely improving.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, all your suggestions were very helpful and I must admit that I didn't realise that pancreatitis could manifest in this way, I thought that vomiting and diarrhoea were always present, but apparently this isn't always the case. You learn such a lot on DOL :thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone.