Lens Ideas For An Slr Newbie..

Ok so I'm pretty sure I'm heading back to Arnhem Land this year and I have the twin lenses that come with the Canon 400D.

I'm waiting on 'understanding exposure' to come in the mail so hopefully I can take some half decent shots.

I need a lens that can just stay on the camera whilst I'm working but I can grab it at a moments' notice and I might be taking close range shots and longer range type shots but don't really have time to be swapping them over.

I read a review quite a while back about the 18-200? so just wondered what brand I should get (I assume Sigma?) and what price I should be paying for it, if in fact that is the best one for the job.

I also want to do quite a lot of sunset and beach shots and I have a small tripod for that. I can take a few lenses I will have a backpack.

Thanks,

Mel. :love:

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I love the Sigma 18-200 and it sounds like a real contender for your needs. That range is just so flexible! Spring for the OS one - a little more money and a little heavier, but really worth it. You'll even be able to do some nice sunset shots :D

$410 US at Sigma4Less.

Shipping looks to be about another $60 - the US Post Office has recently changed their rates and it kinda sucks, but it's usually still way better than paying for lenses in Australia :love:

Edited by kja