National Agility Team Challenge In Adelaide

Hi all

I am heading off to Adelaide this weekend to compete and with the forecast being for hot weather, I am wondering if someone could let me know of any places where I can take Cleo ( and possibly a hot and bothered handler) for a swim.

I will be at the SACA Grounds on Sunday and at Pedigree Park, West Beach on Monday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Liz

Isn't the Teams Challenge at Pedigree Park on the Sunday as well not SACA?????? All the beaches are off-lead before 10am and after 8pm. The beach is roughly 5 minutes if that from Pedigree Park.

I am entered on the Monday.

PS. If you want a copy of the trial catalogue for Monday drop me a PM with your email address.

Edited by ness

No the Team Challenge is definately on at SACA on Sunday. We will run at about 1pm after Group 7 has finished.

Thanks for the offer in relation to the catalogue but I received mine via email yesterday. Also I appreciate the info about the beach but is there anywhere else that is leash- free during the day?

Liz

Anyone know if there will be extra shade (gazebo's etc.) available for non-local competitors at the Monday trial?? I know we have a gazebo for the teams challenge, and I'm hoping it's a big one, but any chance of something on Monday?!!

Well BB you know more than any of my friends who are also in the team seem to know (well my WA friends at any rate). I was trying to decide if I came out or not. Guess I might trek out to SACA on Sunday arvo.

Not sure about where else you can swim them leash free.

Hmm FHRP there is an undercover area at Pedigree Park. Not sure about extra undercover areas I know last year when it was at the expo they did. I only have a small gazebo so it would probably be a bit cosy.

i take my dog swimming at linear park, in the river. its off-leash but the river can be a bit gross. i have to rinse ted off after as he gets a bit itchy. but he loves it there and would swim all day. if you follow the link below its map number 10 where we go. good luck at the agility trials!

http://www.npsp.sa.gov.au/webdata/resource...AreasJune07.pdf

Hi Bailyb.

You could take your dog to O'sullivans Beach for a swim, it's leash free all day for dogs from the boat ramp to the creek outlet.

problem is that it's about a 25-30 minute drive south from pedigree park.

It's the only leash free beach in metro Adelaide that i'm aware of.

Good Luck in the trials :rofl: