Afraid Of The Dark?

moggy

Sophie is nearly 8 months old now and gorgeous, but we still have a problem with toilet training. We have a doggy door which she has been using successfully during the day, and we always praise her when we see her doing her business outside. She will go for two weeks without doing it inside. Problem is occasionally in the evening, around 9.30 pm she will start to do a wee on the carpet, she is reprimanded and runs outside to finish. We found a wee on the floor in the kitchen the other night. She goes to bed when we do, around 10.45 pm, when I go out with her for her last toilet, and gets up around 8.30am and goes outside no problem. Could she be afraid of the dark? It only happens about once a fortnight.

Moggy

Problem is occasionally in the evening, around 9.30 pm she will start to do a wee on the carpet, she is reprimanded and runs outside to finish.

So why don't you take her out around 9pm to combat the problem?

Maybe she is tired and to lazy to go outside.

yep, I'd take her out at 9 and problem solvered!

I have a mature male dog here who is house trained but he always needs to go out around 7 pm. He just has to at that time and he

wee's like there is no tomorrow. I take him out again before bed but really if I didn't take him again he wouldn't care, he can easily hold on 12 hours or more overnight, but he needs his 7 pm wee break. He's nearly 8 now and has been like that since I got him at 18 months old.

Well for the last 2 nights we have taken her out at 8pm, 9pm and 10.30 pm just to make sure and she has gone each time. Fine so far. Also she sleeps with us and never has to get up at night so she is holding on ok.

I am sure she will be 100% trained soon. Haven't had a poo inside for a month too.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks for your replies.