Pimple On The Penis

Thrine

I have a friend who have a 1 1/2 year old Maltese x.

On his penis there is what looks like a pimple. It’s under the “head”, with a black head and a red ring around the actual pimple.

She took him to her vet and he wanted to operate because he had never seen anything like it and he reckon the only way to figure out what it is ....is to cut it out.

Personally, I would have phoned other vets to get a second opinion.....and I’m not happy operating on the penis....simply because it must be difficult to keep clean and not very comfortable for the dog. Have any of you knowledgeable people out there ever heard of or seen anything like it?? Looks like a big pimple with a black head and a read ring around the “root” of it.

She told me it looks like something you could "pop" with a needle.

Thank you!

Are they going to operate for sure Thrine? Let us know what it was if they do?

Perhpas it is some kind of cancer or maybe just an infection cause by something that has gotten caught under the skin and worked its way into the skin of the penis?

Are they going to operate for sure Thrine? Let us know what it was if they do?

Perhpas it is some kind of cancer or maybe just an infection cause by something that has gotten caught under the skin and worked its way into the skin of the penis?

Her vet said he never seen anything like it and he is not a young vet. The owner saw the pimple when the dog sat down and his "lipstick" came out. The dog don't take any notice of it at all....no licking or anything. How do you think he will react to having an operation on his penis???