Dog Sports Central West

I was wondering if someone can help me. I really want to do something with my 12 month old retriever in the way of agility, obedience , even flyball.

The problem is that I live in the central west of NSW ( Cowra ) and there is nothing in my town except puppy classes. :)

Does anyone know of any clubs in surrounding districts? I don't mind if we have to travel.

Greater Western All Breeds, Obedience & Herding Club might be the best place to start? I know they held their first trial last year.

02 6337 5252 Mrs P Sherman

Or try Orange Dist Kennel & Obedience Club 02 6362 3932 Mrs H Woods.

As far as I know, there is just obedience in our area, I'd look to Bathurst for obedience and instruction. There are a couple of clubs and some private instruction I think available on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.

In what area do you live in?

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would update what I have found out.

Apparently Orange in NSW doesn't do obedience anymore there is only obedience in Bathurst. The phone number is 0263324520 Mrs Pat Sherman.

The new intakes are on the first Saturday of every month. Lesson starts at 9 am every Saturday morning and you have to be there to have your dog vetted between 8:30 and 8:50am

Hope this helps if anyone is interested.

I am hoping to start at next months enrollments and if I can get some extras in the car it may save on fuel :champagne: as I have to travel over an hour to get there.

Ummm Orange still has obedience, or at least they did last week :mad it is Sunday mornings start 9.30am I think, vetting from 9am. At the Waratah sports club.

I wish we had Agility :)

New intakes are first Sunday of the month in Orange.

There are some other girls who travel from further out as well and I think they car pool. Very keen.

The Bathurst obedience club is much bigger then Orange. But Orange obedience is still going, maybe it is the lack of agility or flyball you were told about.

I know that there is a Sunday soon where we can't use the Waratah grounds because they are needed for a sport day.

I am not local so not sure if Bathurst or Orange is closest to you thou?

Have fun.