Buying Meds Online...

Hi. My dog is currently taking Keppra for his epilepsy. It is very expensive ($200.00 for 20 days supply). Has anyone bought or know anything about overseas medications? I have found lots of pharmacies in Canada that have Keppra or generic at about half the cost but none of them mention if they send to Australia. They say you need a script from your Doctor so hopefully a veterinary script will suffice. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

Hi. My dog is currently taking Keppra for his epilepsy. It is very expensive ($200.00 for 20 days supply). Has anyone bought or know anything about overseas medications? I have found lots of pharmacies in Canada that have Keppra or generic at about half the cost but none of them mention if they send to Australia. They say you need a script from your Doctor so hopefully a veterinary script will suffice. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

Are you getting the Keppra through your vet or a pharmacy? If its a pharmacy, because its for a dog and not on the PBS, the price will VARY, possibly ALOT. Ring around a few pharmacies and ask for a private price.

As for buying from overseas, quality does vary in some countries, places like UK, US, Canada should be fine, be wary of other places. If you buy from overseas you are technically importing medicine and there are some very strict rules in place. That said, its unlikely customs will be on your back if its small quantities and you hold a vet script at home.

Are you getting the Keppra through your vet or a pharmacy? If its a pharmacy, because its for a dog and not on the PBS, the price will VARY, possibly ALOT. Ring around a few pharmacies and ask for a private price.

As for buying from overseas, quality does vary in some countries, places like UK, US, Canada should be fine, be wary of other places. If you buy from overseas you are technically importing medicine and there are some very strict rules in place. That said, its unlikely customs will be on your back if its small quantities and you hold a vet script at home.

I'm getting the Keppra through my vet. I've shopped around and he's the cheapest. I'll check out the rules on importing medicine though if I decide to buy overseas (if I can).

Check out inhousepharmacy.com.

They are in the usa, and have pet meds as well as human meds.

I was buying Vetmedin for my boy from them, much cheaper than from my vet, and no script needed.

It was not a generic brand either, but the genuine one.