Dry Food

katzz

hi to all thank you for taking to time to help with your opinins.

i have always feed my pups and kittens on Eukanuba and thought it was great they grew perfectly.

i went into a pet store to gets some Eukanuba for our new baby a cavalier king charles they didnt have any puppy left but she suggest innova puppy as it was very highly rated by a number of sites such as

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

and

www.naturapet.com

on these there are hundreds of dog foods that have been compared and rated from 6 star as best and 1 star as worst as she said i found innova on 6 star list and sounds great but the puppy one was a 5 star rate, but i couldnt find Eukanuba there in the so put Eukanuba in search for there site and found it in the place i wouldnt have thought it the 1 star rate :laugh: i read up why it was 1 star it was because it has by prouducts some describe as garbage fillers,

so it is all about by-products and corn that is bad for pets which rules out supercoat as well which i normally switch my pets to after about 18months as supercoat is worst it only has meat and meat by-prouducts and they say meat should be in the first tree ingredents but sc has it as a mix.

but as always there are sites that say Eukanuba is great and supercoat is great and have good protien levels but as one comment i read you could grind up a leather shoe and add vitiams and things to it and there you go it is nutrional :(

this was a big suprise to me so check it out and see what you think i would like to hear everyones opioin on this and see what you think but check out sites they arent done by one food company so i think it is fair for all dog foods.

thanks

katzz ;) :eek: ;)

Great post katzz!

I spend ages and ages in Petstock isles reading and rereading the bags! lol

Never seen these sites though..look forward to people answers..

I myself dont like Euk. as I find my dogs are always thirsty and drink loads of water...

<found a place in geelong (aprently they have one in dandenong too?) that stock Innova that dont sell animals...>

It's not Pet Goods Direct is it? They are owned by the same people as PP. As far as I know they are the only ones who import the food.