Knuckling Over

Hello Everyone,

I think my 11 weeks old Doberman pup is having very mild knuckling over in her front legs.

We have been feeding her raw diet and Holistic Eagle Pack for Large/Giant Breed Pups as supplements.

Raw Diet:

Minced Chicken Carcass

Minced Topside Beef

Ocassional Sardines, Chicken Liver & Heart and Eggs

Minced Veg e.g. carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, pumpkin, celery, etc.....

Daily Chicken necks or frames

1 - 1 1/2 cup of Holistic Eagle Pack for Large/Giant Breed Pups kibbles daily

Can any of you see any wrong with this diet?

Does "knuckling over" causes trembling in her front legs?

We are planning to just feed her Super Premium Eagle Pack for Large/Giant Breed Pups only for now until it gets better.

I currently have a rescue pug pup, just on two months old, that has knuckled over. I started a thread on it but it was deleted because it turned into a slanging match about my pug is better then yours with some people but anyways.

I feed a BARF diet.

What I learnt from it was I was feeding to much. So how much are you feeding? I cut back to 10% of the body weight 3 times a day.

Also learnt that I had to make sure their was bones in the diet, calcium. Have done this with minced chicken necks and frames. You could probably add some other bones to your dogs diet, I haven't been able to do so as a pug pup isn't very effective in eating beef or lamb bones.

http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/knuckling_over.htm

I currently have a rescue pug pup, just on two months old, that has knuckled over. I started a thread on it but it was deleted because it turned into a slanging match about my pug is better then yours with some people but anyways.

I feed a BARF diet.

What I learnt from it was I was feeding to much. So how much are you feeding? I cut back to 10% of the body weight 3 times a day.

Also learnt that I had to make sure their was bones in the diet, calcium. Have done this with minced chicken necks and frames. You could probably add some other bones to your dogs diet, I haven't been able to do so as a pug pup isn't very effective in eating beef or lamb bones.

http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/knuckling_over.htm

I might have fed too much. :laugh: As I can still see her ribs, I thought she is alright.

For Breakfast, I will feed a handful of fresh minced beef and chicken with half a cup of Holistic Eagle Pack kibbles.

For Lunch, I will feed her either chicken frame or neck.

For Dinner, I will feed a handful of minced veg (50%) and minced meat (50%) with a spoon of plain yoghurt as toppings.

Once in awhile, I will add sardine or egg to her breakfast or dinner.

I feed offals like liver and heart at least once a week.