Double K Challengeair Vs. Double K Airmax Dryers

I'm looking to get a dryer for my husky and have been told that double K are the best low-priced ones. I don't know whether to get the $365 model (the challengeAir) or the $460 AirMax. Has anyone used both of them or are there any other dryer recommendations?

I'm looking to get a dryer for my husky and have been told that double K are the best low-priced ones. I don't know whether to get the $365 model (the challengeAir) or the $460 AirMax. Has anyone used both of them or are there any other dryer recommendations?

Can't comment on the ones you have mentioned but I have used Metro Air Force Dryer for my pet schnauzer. It takes around 30mins to dry the little bugger at home as I got the basic model (cadet). When I worked with a friend in his pet grooming business, we used the professional model (also Metro Air Force) and we were quite satisfied. But I am not too sure if the shipping costs would be worthwhile here or if there is a local agent. What I like about metro is the portability and ease in movement. But the noise level is rather high so we sometimes use earplugs alongside.

Thanks Cashew! Being a husky I would really like to have one that would dry him as fast as possible - we were told a story where a husky was left wet and outside over night and ended up getting so sick that the vet was recommending putting the dog to sleep - thankfully they didn't but it's made me quite hesitant to bath Zero during winter!

I'll have a look into the ones you mentioned and see if i can find someone who has used both the Double K and the Metro Air!

Hi Shell, :love:

I use the challengeAir on my Afghan. I don't show so don't really need a stand dryer (although it would be nice one day).

I've found it to have plenty of power, and haven't had a problem mechanically with it.

One thing though is that it doesn't have a heating element built in. (Not sure if the other one you mentioned does, I don't think it does though). It just works using the ambient air temp and the heat from the motor. Where I live, some days we have a max of 6 degrees. I was going to return it after one use for this reason, (that is just didn't get warm enough when it is bloody freezing in the garage) but instread I bought a small fan heater for $40 that I sit behind it to warm the air going in. Whilst this may not be ideal (although the people from Clipperworld where I bought it did suggest this) it really does work a treat. Now it gets plenty warm enough. In warmer weather I don't need to use the extra heater.

I haven't used the Airmax, so can't comment there!

Hope this helps a little. :)

I use the airmax on my german shepherds and it's brilliant.

I would imagine the challangair one would be similar to using the airmax on the 1st speed.I would just use the 1st speed on the airmax on swf,anything else is 2 speed.It does warm up over the motor after a few minutes.In my opinion i'd put the extra money in and get the airmax.

I would go for the Airmax as it has maximum force air power using two motors. Hydro Dog mobile dog wash recently tested the Airmax and they out performed the current Oldfield Twin motor dryer thet were using. They will now use the Airmax in their vans as they saved 10 to 20 minutes per dog in drying.

I have a Double K Airmax and wouldn't be without it! - best "dog thing" I ever bought! :love:

Being in WA it never gets cold enough here to need a heated dryer and warms up quite nicely even on our coldest days. :)

I have an enormous Malamute who comes to board and it is great for blasting him dry and also blasting out all of the loose coat before the bath - altho not recommended to do in a small backyard unless your neighbours dont mind a coating of white, snow like hair over everything! :)

I have a Double K Airmax and wouldn't be without it! - best "dog thing" I ever bought! :)

Being in WA it never gets cold enough here to need a heated dryer and warms up quite nicely even on our coldest days. :)

I have an enormous Malamute who comes to board and it is great for blasting him dry and also blasting out all of the loose coat before the bath - altho not recommended to do in a small backyard unless your neighbours dont mind a coating of white, snow like hair over everything! :)

Our neighbours are used to it by now! When we get birds nests fall out of trees they're always made from sticks and Zero's fur so now we laugh about it with our neighbours (they have a rotti X dobe so they have no idea how we can put up with the hair everywhere!).

Thanks for the advice everyone - I think i might spend the extra money. I'm sure Zero would appreciate the faster drying speed of the Airmax anyway!

Double K Airmax ! I've got one of those too. :) :) :)

Value for money. Love it! :)

I just bought the Double K Airmax and LOVE IT!!! It does heat up after a few minutes. Only used it once so far.

I bought mine off EBAY (From Clipperworld) for $395 + $15 postage so if you can wait for one to appear on EBAY see how you go. They are on there quite often. Saves a bit of money ;)

Edited by wherezaball