Retrieving Training Day In Se Qld

Would like to invite you to our next retrieving training day for Gundogs!

The United Field and Retrieving Branch conducts a TRAINING DAY on Saturday 14th June 2008 for beginners at Bald Hills. Our club holds regular training days during the year. These days are provided to help newcomers learn the ropes and test the waters with their dogs without the pressure of entering competitions. If you would like to come along, please contact Fran Jones on 3351 3667 for further information and to register your attendance.

It's free and great fun for all involved! :( Even if you've done some retrieving before and thinking about trialling or just want to do it for fun - come along!

Edited by oceanaussi

Thanks so much for everybody who PMed me or called Fran! :thumbsup: Looks like we're going to be a great crowd!

We had a demonstration today at the RSPCA Million Paw Walk in Samford and there was a good turnout and lots of interest.

So anyone who's got a Gundog and wants to do some retrieving, have a look on our website:

http://www.unitedfieldandretrieving.org.au/index.html

and come to our training day - it'll be heaps of fun and it's free!!!

post-18186-1211084391_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for everybody who PMed me or called Fran! :thumbsup: Looks like we're going to be a great crowd!

We had a demonstration today at the RSPCA Million Paw Walk in Samford and there was a good turnout and lots of interest.

So anyone who's got a Gundog and wants to do some retrieving, have a look on our website:

http://www.unitedfieldandretrieving.org.au/index.html

and come to our training day - it'll be heaps of fun and it's free!!!

Hi, where do you buy the duckies and other training tools from?? Looked on the website, very good. A bit too far for me but I think there may be something at Bundaberg? Thanks :laugh:

[Hi, where do you buy the duckies and other training tools from?? Looked on the website, very good. A bit too far for me but I think there may be something at Bundaberg? Thanks :rock:

I'm not sure if there's something like that in Bunderberg. :thumbsup: We order the ducks from the US and there're training ducks available. We also have throwers and a rifle - not sure where from. :laugh: Do you want me to find out?

[Hi, where do you buy the duckies and other training tools from?? Looked on the website, very good. A bit too far for me but I think there may be something at Bundaberg? Thanks :laugh:

I'm not sure if there's something like that in Bunderberg. :thumbsup: We order the ducks from the US and there're training ducks available. We also have throwers and a rifle - not sure where from. :) Do you want me to find out?

Hi again, if you can find out, but dont go too much out of your way :o I found the Bundy one, Wide Bay Club. Have contacted the club via email. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some sad circumstances we have to postpone a trial and therefore the retrieving training day will be on on the 15th of June 2008 at Bald Hills.

That means there will be a training day and trial at the same day! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The training must be good! Today we had our anniversary trial and Quentin got his second encouragement award! :rofl: He's only 5 months and has lots to learn but he did a great job and enjoyed himself!

But my special congratulation goes to Megan with her NSDTR Aprilraine Red Silk - He won third price on the test stake! Congratulations!!! :rofl: This was his first trial and he did so well!!! :love:

Edited by oceanaussi

Congratulations on your encouragment award, you should be stoked with the way your boy is coming along.

I cant believe we even managed to get a place when we only went for the training side of it! Thank you for your congraulations and for letting me know i wouldnt have found out otherwise :D

See you at the next training day and good luck tomorrow.

Thanks! Yes, I'm pretty proud of my boy but a bit annyoed with his heeling (we practised so hard... :D )

Not sure if anyone has your details but Kerri is going to hold on to your price, she's in Bald Hills. I'll pm you her phone no tomorrow.

Congrats again and yes this is why I published it here, so you know about it! :):vomit:

haha thank you so much

I know what you mean about the heeling, reb is normally an awesome little obedience dog but man as soon as i got to retrieving you would swear he had never been taught. I really have no idea if we are ever gonna get him to actually sit and stay before i can send him off as how are you suppose to practise that stuff at home? When the judge picked up the gun he just went ballastic, maybe i need to get a toy rifle see if that does the trick and makes him excited. Who knows.

It's great to see when they get so exited amd want to work, isn't it? I think Quentin was still tired from yesterday - he won 2nd in test today! :love:

If you want to practice, just let him retrieve somthing you throw. Make him sit - heel - sit stay and hold him on the collar when you throw da dummy. You have to wait until he's calm to let go of him. Don't let go of him when he's trying to lunge forward. If you do that a few times, he'll know he's only allowed to go on command. And with the gun, just get a kiddy gun which makes some noise. I've got a rifle but in the moment it's still too hard for me to hold a rifle and Quentin, shoot and throw at the same time - need to be an octopus for that one! :(

Good luck and if you get stuck let us know. Next training day will be 24th August! :D

Congratulations guys well done 2nd & 3rd Place for Beginners thats great.

Hey oceanaussie is there anyway u can find out what ur scores are if u didnt get a place, even though we entered trial just for training I would love to find out what my scores where to see how they improve over time.

Congratulations guys well done 2nd & 3rd Place for Beginners thats great.

Hey oceanaussie is there anyway u can find out what ur scores are if u didnt get a place, even though we entered trial just for training I would love to find out what my scores where to see how they improve over time.

Thanks!

I think you're the one with the 2 - one of them the 7months old? You don't get points as long as you're in test. But you could enter Novice at the same time and there you would get points. Test is really more or less to learn - it's like Baby Puppy in shows. :mad Novice is quite a step up but you can enter in both at the same time. Once you won 1st price in Test you cannot compete there anymore, you have to move on to Novice. I'd say next training day have a look what you'll need to do for novice and maybe enter the next trial in both test and novice? Good luck!

Congratulations to all who are giving retrieving a go, it's great to see such enthusiasm :cool: Are the tests you're talking about Beginners tests or a club thing?

I can totally comiserate about the heeling, my boy who is an 'obedience state title winner' (OK, only CCD) was totally feral between the pegs last weekend at his second retrieving trial!! You would not know he had ever done formal obedience :D It's probably where he lost most of his points!!!

ROFL i know what you mean FHRP last year rebel came 2nd in obedience nationals for CCD and man he had no obedience what so ever!!

we have to do lots of training i think hey :D

Congratulations on your 2nd place, how many people had entered for the 2nd day? I dont think ill do the novice level until i have some form of obedience in rebel between those pegs :cool:

• 1 month later...

The next retrieving training day is coming up soon!

TRAINING DAY - in the field - SUNDAY 24TH AUGUST AT BALD HILLS FLATS.

ALL WELCOME - Please phone Fran Jones for more info - 33513667. 9am to 11.30am.

Bring your dog, lead, choker/collar, chair, water and morning tea. No Charge ! Hope you can come!