Colds

Ok, Kaos is driving me mad.

She got a small cold a few weeks ago, we just got over it, and she has another.

She was like this last year and drove me mad.

I leave for work at 6:30 am, and dont get home till 5 - 6pm. If I could leave a coat on her, i still wouldn't like it, as at the moment it is still getting warm during the day.

I am trying to work out how to set up a heated kennel, but it may be a while till everything is in place (and i get the money)

Is there anything i can add to her food to help her out? to maybe stop her getting colds?

She is healthy, eats like a pig, is happy as normal. Just keeps sneezing and coughing.

Also, do you think it is good to try to put a bit of extra weight on her? No idea about this, but she is skinny, and i have always had problems putting weight on her, maybe a bit more fat might keep her a bit warmer??

When my youngest (human) child was getting constant serious URTI's a naturopath recommended a immune system booster which from memory was basically a vitamin supplement as well as Inner Health to replenish his good bacteria which was presumed depleted from constant antibiotics and illness. A lot of complementary medicine practioners are experienced with animals on 4 legs as well as 2 going on some information on the forum, it may be a good idea to seek one out.

Definitely see if you can get more weight on her, even a couple of kilos will help during winter (eg Satin Balls?) and definitely look at immune boosters. Hopefully your vet will be able to recommend something.

I would suggest a good quality vitamin and if she has had antibiotics within the last few months at all, get some probiotics for her.

How often is she vaccinated as this can affect immunity as well.

I would feed sardines and yoghurt regularly with less grains and more raw if you can.

:)