Stolen Innotek Fence Collar?

I moved on the weekend from acerage to a suburban block. I put the fence collar on my youngest and went to work.

45 minutes later I got a phone call from my frantic new house mate saying Mia has escaped. I got off the train ready to head back home. She rang me again and said that Mia has returned. So I continued onto work.

Once I got to work, I rang my flatmate back. I found that when Mia returned, the fence collar was no longer on her neck. A full search of the yard yielded no collar. I did a walk of the neighbour's yard where she would have jumped the fence without any luck.

The strange thing about the whole thing is mia wears a normal loose collar which contains her tags. She is still wearing that collar which is loose enough to slip over the head.

The fence collar which was buckled tight is no longer there!!!

What do you think the chances are of it being stolen by anyone who may have found Mia on the street while she was out??

Anyway $300 later I have a new collar from Innotek on order.. one expensive move!

What do you think the chances are of it being stolen by anyone who may have found Mia on the street while she was out??

Possible! But I wonder IF some zealot thought it was a Bark Collar and confiscated it? This happened to a nephew of ours last year when he was living in Brisbane, he used a bark collar as his dog would bark for the first half hour after he left for work. After the first week the collar disappeared! It was returned 6 weeks later with a note telling him it was a Cruel Electronic Collar and he should not use it. The note was not signed and the battery had been removed!

edited spelling

Edited by granny