Hydrobath And Dryer

I am just wondering how much it would cost for a decent hydrobath and dryer, new or 2nd hand.

Must have high power for the dryer, nothing thats too weak and takes for ever. Not sure what options i have with a hydrobath but it needs to be large.

Also if you could inform me what brands you think are best. Thank you :laugh:

My dryer was about $350 from memory - it has 2 settings high and low. Its a ezycoat one.

I have a Conmurra Hydrobath autofill model which is quite a few years old now. I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was less than $2000 brand new. I bought it from Pet Barn.

Im not sure what's going on with Conmurra now and whether they are still selling them though.

Theres been quite a few hydrobath threads on here before which would be worth searching for and reading.

Edited by wagsalot

Hi Kaffy

I have recently purchased a Perfect Paws hydrobath - single tank autofill, cost us $2,600 I think but it has all the bells and whistles and you would certainly get a basic model cheaper. I would love to tell you how well it works but I haven't been able to hook it up, as our barn is still under construction and I have no power or water yet. Hopefully in 3 weeks tops once we've moved in and got settled I will be able to let you know how its going :D

As for the dryer after much reading and talking to people in the know I bought a Double K Airmax 2 speed - and it is fantastic so far. It has oodles of power for force drying, but if you take the condenser off and drop back to one motor it will happily fluff dry a malt without blowing it off the table. I suppose it depends on what your drying but this so far seems pretty versatile. We bought ours from Clipperworld for around $450 I think - not sure exactly cause we bought a few things and got discount.

Hope that helps.

My dryer was around $800 (Oldfields)

Hydrobath Conmurra $1650.

Hydrobaths Australia (which has now been taken over by FIDOS) are still making the Conmurra baths. (well they were two months ago when I spoke with them last)

My second hand dryer (used only 3 or 4 times when I bought it) is a Liberty stand dryer with hose kit. Cost $450, has two speed settings and two heat settings (warm and cool), it's fantastic for my Malamutes and i'm more than pleased with it!

But my bargain of the century is my Conmurra Hydrobath. Also second hand when I bought it, it had average use but is still in excellent condition. It's a single tank, heated and cost the grand total of $400 :)