Insect Bites On Ears

One of my girls is getting what looks like midge bites on the inside of her ears ie. little red lumps (not right inside the ear but just on the inside ear flap over an area of say a 50cent piece on each ear)

I applied Advantix to her back, as it says that it will keep mozzies away but this doesn't seem to be working. She shakes her head quite a bit now - they must be itchy and of course this aggrevates them more. I also have been applying the Neotopic H lotion which is an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory with local anaesthetic.

Because of the head shaking I checked her inner ears (just to be sure) and they are pretty clean inside - no problems there and none of my dogs have fleas.

I burn an insect repellant overnight when she is confined but during the day, when she is outside, seems to be when the insects attack as the mozzies etc. have made a comeback here because of all the wet weather.

Perhaps instead of the Neotopic it would be better to apply a teatree lotion?? I have also started (very carefully) to spray a small bit of personal insect repellant on the outside back of her ears.

I don't know what else I can do. Anyone got any more ideas?

Buy FLY REPELLA at most produce stores and pet stores. It is made for your problem. Do NOT apply the neotopic randomly. It is for use as a COURSE of treatment. Eg. 7 or 10 days at a time. If you apply it just whenever, the dog will build a resistance to it and it will become ineffective when you really need it. Try Fly Repella, it works!