Restricting Water Intake

Hi Guys

Our Boxer has the habit of drinking way too much water at once and then bringing it back up.

The vet wants us to make him drink smaller amounts more often.

Someone said they saw a water bowl with a float in it that allows the dog to drink what it on top and then the float sinks a little to allow more water later on.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these in Melb? :rofl:

Cheers

Eric

Self waters constantly fill when being used.You can certainly play around with how much but wont stop your problem.

There available via any stock feeds,rural wholesalers & many hardware type places.

Also consider placing a water bowl higher so the dog has to reach & it not be such a game for drinking

Mmm I think you might be right. Sounds like the cycle is how often it filters it.

At the moment I have only been putting 250ml of water in his bowl and once he drinks it I wait 10-15min before adding the same amount.

Hes not been sick yet :(

Mmm I think you might be right. Sounds like the cycle is how often it filters it.

At the moment I have only been putting 250ml of water in his bowl and once he drinks it I wait 10-15min before adding the same amount.

Hes not been sick yet :(

We had the same problem with our Boxer, he used to try and drink to contents of the water bowl in gulp..lol). So we made the water bowl smaller so he could not take such big gulps of water at a time. We use the K9 water bowl which you can get from Maadii pets (www.maadiipets.com.au) since only small amounts of water fill the drinking hole he can not gulp large amounts and it has stopped his water belly issue....it also stops him trying to sit in the water bowl....lol

Good luck

Mel.