Motivation

I really admire all you people who take your dogs training and compete in obedience/agility etc. I have spurts of motivation but then I lose interest. I'm wishing I'd stuck with going to obedience training. Haven't been since February :laugh: . I'm thinking about trying Agility but will I stick with it :) . Do you sometimes lose motivation to? Or am I just lazy. ;)

I think our day to day lives are so busy these days it's hard to fit everything in. I also think the recent poor weather doesn't help. I find it very hard with shift work to get into routine, I work just about every weekend and at present my car is being fixed (taking forever) so getting to training is just not working. Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure your dog is getting lot's of love, you'll get ya mojo back again and before you know it you'll be competing.

Ben

The motivation is only feuled by the interest in the actual training. (think I speak on behalf of most), not to compete.

The motivation is all in the anticipation of doing things better than what has been acheived in the past, and the new learning curve taken with every new dog you train. Trialling is just to prove the fact to yourself I think, and to have fun on the weekends with like minded people, and to show off if your good enough.

I guess it's more the challenge, love of training and satisfaction I get out of it :laugh:

We have lazy moments, but it just means when we get back into training, I realise how much I missed it :)

Same here. I love seeing my dogs learn new things.

I think it's important to add that you can't really train/teach your dog by only going to a club. You have to practice at home during the week. So it's not as much when was the last time you went for a training, but when was the last time you had a great, interactive session with your dogs. And these sessions are soooo addictive ;)