Puppy & Partner Issues

wantsmoredachies

Hi Guys,

I showed my partner this thread and we have had a bit of a break through :sleep:

We had the chat we should have really had before Duke came along :sleep: , and he seems to see things a bit different now, i told him that me living with him is a major thing and its not just for accomadation, it is in the hope that further progression will follow, i also mentioned that in a relationship we are meant to help eachother out, so he DID pay for half microchipping and Duke is now in both our names, He has been walking with me and Duke in the afternoons and he has started helping me with the cleaning and feeding, all major Duke expenses like vet he has agreed that we will go halves and that Duke is now OUR dog... which i am happy about, i guess the problem was I didnt put my expectations on the table before we got him, and now that we have talked about it properly we have come to good agreements, i am allowed to cuddle our dog on the couch now, but he is not allowed in the bedroom as that is the cats santuary... :love: which is very fair i think Also i have agreed that i will bear the food expense which really isnt that much a month, i guess when i started this thread i was feeling a bit agro and PMTish :cry::love: Thanks for all the comments, it really is funny to see how many people do things differently in relationships ;)

Oh and another thing I think that effected the reasons we couldnt agree was because he never grew up with Dogs, I guess I am now glad that he see's how important this issue and our Dog is to me....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic