Old Jrt Limping

Hi I'm new to the forum, I have an old JRT he is nearly 20 almost deaf and almost blind but still going strong! He is still quite active for his age, but recently he has started limping on and off. I assume due to his age it is arthritis and have booked him in to see the vet, but thought in the meantime I woudl try and do some research as my neighbours dog has arthritis and is on Sasha's Blend but she doesnt think it does much. I did a search here and found a number of products, but most are powders and I feed kibble and dont want to change his diet. Are there any tablets that you can give or liquids to pour on to the food or is it only powders that you can get?

Hi I'm new to the forum, I have an old JRT he is nearly 20 almost deaf and almost blind but still going strong! He is still quite active for his age, but recently he has started limping on and off. I assume due to his age it is arthritis and have booked him in to see the vet, but thought in the meantime I woudl try and do some research as my neighbours dog has arthritis and is on Sasha's Blend but she doesnt think it does much. I did a search here and found a number of products, but most are powders and I feed kibble and dont want to change his diet. Are there any tablets that you can give or liquids to pour on to the food or is it only powders that you can get?

I use joint guard powder for my staffy, but I understand that they make a dog treat (chew) in the same form, so maybe that will help.

I have found the joint guard good, my staffy had her cruciate ligament done about 12 months ago and has been on it since.

I know it is pretty amazing, well we think that is how old he is, the vet's estimate is 18-20 :)

I have looked on the net and found a glucosamine and chondroitin liquid for dogs called reflex, has anyone used this one? Its in the online stores and seems to be reasonably priced, but doing a search on this forum I couldnt find anything. Can anyone tell me if they have used it?

Hi, and well done for getting him to this age!!

AFAIK. any of the joint supplements take some weeks for any effect to kick in... so don';t look for a quick fix :p

Have you thought about acupuncture? I know folks who have seen great pain relief in their dogs after having acupuncture :)