Vitamins For Dogs

vnv

I have just seen an ad in Urban Animal magazine for Rufus and Coco powder suppliments http://shop.rufusandcoco.com.au/c-1-vitami...upplements.aspx

I'm thinking about getting both the Inner Balance and the Joint Guard for my dog who is recovering from being hit by a car and has a neck injury. She is on steroids for swelling in her neck and antibiotics as her front legs are badly grazed.

Are suppliments necessary and would they help? I thought the Joint Guard might help her neck and legs heal (her legs are very wobbly and painful for her to move). It says the joint guard helps with sore joints an inflammation.

The Inner Balance says it helps dogs recovering from injury and also to replace healthy gut bacteria that antibiotics can destroy.

ETA: The vet told me not to feed her anything that she needs to chew a lot, so soft food or soaked dry food. We are currently feeding her pet mince, sometimes mixed with heart, liver or lambs fry. I also bought some canned food called Excellence but she doesn't like it.

Edited by Lead and Feather

Thanks persephone, they have a Nerve Repair product that looks good as the vet said Willow may have nerve damage. I have emailed them as they give free consultations!

I have found a couple of other products for joint repair, one called Sashas Blend and another that is also called Joint Guard. Does anyone use these? Do they help?

You can get a Nature's Own Joint Food from the chemist which is very good.

My chemist is getting it in for me. It comes in powder form about $40-450 for 500g container i think from memory

ETA try and get one with chondroiton, msm and glucosamine

Edited by i haz flava!