Getting A Baby Staffy

su888

By throwing them in a crate for 10hrs a day from the get go you are teaching pup that it's ok to toilet around their sleeping area/crate and that's exactly what you DON'T want.

I answered your question on the first page, so can you tell us if you can cater for having a pup inside in a designated room?

It would be ideal to have a trusted friend or family member to come in at lunchtime and take him outside, play with him and feed him lunch each day for a few weeks, this will reduce the amount of inside accidents and give his little brain some stimulation. It may also help in preventing separation anxiety as you shorten the period of time he is alone during the day without human contact.

I know of two trainers in Sydney who take your pup for the first 2-4 weeks each day (like doggy daycare) and toilet train them, feed and play with your puppy for you, if you are interested send me a PM and I will find out who they are.

Mel.

Hey guys, yeh your answers are on par with what i was thinking.... far too cruel to be living in there for such a long time.

I have a component to the side of the house which i will be fencing off (away from the wind and insulated) for the pup when i'm at work. But will sleep inside (crate) when i'm sleeping and will roam free when i'm at home within reason.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I hope the original poster doesn't mind me asking questions on here but it is realated as we are getting a staffy puupy too, If I crate her at night do I have to leave water in with her? She will most likely be crated in our bedroom and we have a reverse cycle airconditioner that is heater and air con. So would she be ok without water or not?