E Collar Use

Those are very valid points corvus, but I want reliability no matter what. I cant carry around treats and toys with me all the time. It may work once, but if Fly sees a cat across the road when she is off leash, I take no chances in delay, or her particular level of interest at the time.

I want both my dogs t be able to run together again, rather than run OFF in a pack drive...:D

My god rugerfly, are you sure your dogs aren't my dogs? :happydance:

Edited by Luke GSP

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps not but probably related somehow :happydance:

On a brighter note, Ruger is doing super duper at his recall :D Fly is way ahead of him in leaps and bounds.

Fly was more interested in me and fetching a stick, than the pidgeons nearby and other goings on. Was impressive.

Perhaps not but probably related somehow :happydance:

On a brighter note, Ruger is doing super duper at his recall :D Fly is way ahead of him in leaps and bounds.

Fly was more interested in me and fetching a stick, than the pidgeons nearby and other goings on. Was impressive.

That's interesting as Molly has always been fairly good with recall and I am now very relaxed with her off leash where Monte is still in velcro dog stage. He doesn't get more than 5 feet away from me where Molly will wander of 5-10 metres have a sniff and them lobe back in an eliptical shape of her own accord and if I call her she runs back tail wagging. I am hoping that Monte rediscovers his freedom soon, I am sure he will he just needs to learn that he can have a wander he just needs to come back when I call him. I am glad to hear Rugers getting better.

Maybe one day we will be able to let them all have an off lead run together? My one concern is that Ruger and Monte may well cause a twister if they decided to run round in circles LOL. Is there a law against having 4 GSP's in a space together? MAybe there should be?

Ruger is being a little velcro like but he is still on the leash stage. I have to encourage hime to go off and sniff etc so I can work him back in, but he often looks at me and checks just incase I want him to come to me, he is so cute.

Ruger is being a little velcro like but he is still on the leash stage. I have to encourage hime to go off and sniff etc so I can work him back in, but he often looks at me and checks just incase I want him to come to me, he is so cute.

I am trying to do the same with monte at the moment in fact tommorrow I am planning on taking a toy to the beach to see if I can trick him in to having a run from me to gain a little more independance. I am sure it is just a matter of time.