Burping And Farting

I know big dogs are known for their farting, but recently Turtle has started burping aswell...I'm a bit concerned as the breed are prone to bloat.

We feed him twice a day instead of one big meal and he's a healthy weight.

(he's a 1 year old Newfoundland).

We're going into Broome on wednesday so there's the option of the vet...

What do you guys think? Any thoughts?

Angs burps. Its always charming and guaranteed to happen when there is a guest in the house.

My theory with burps (and farts) having a breed prone to bloat - is that it is better out than in!

Clear the room?

Clear the house with this dane!!

ETA There has been an improvement lately as I have been using a pancreatic enzyme and now switched to Thrive D. I found out that the stinky farts can relate to a too fast digestive system. Certainly since being on it his poos are much less stinky.

Edited by Danois

I have one pap that can clear a room with a 'silent but deadly', and the other pap burps for no reason.

My poodle x has had mild bloat before, and I know one time he started acting in pain just after hoovering a meal, and my first instinct was to drape him over my knee to support him as he was collapsing...as I was trying to calm him, he must have relaxed a little and gave out the biggest burp ever! And was then ok. I think that burp saved him from a bloat episode

Actually yes - our old pap, Susie, used to deal some absolute shockers that made no sound whatsoever.

I don't mean to laugh Kymbo, but it's just the visual you get from a dog burping :laugh:

Thanks guys, that's making me feel more at ease, I just wasn't sure...and it's given me a giggle or two aswell :)

Sometimes he does little sick burps as well, which he quickly swallows...

:D :cry:

Poppy, one of my foster puppys, has the occasional sick burp and I swear that her sister, Pippy, is telapathic because she knows right away and runs over to Poppy to see if she can lick some out of her mouth.

:D I have a burper and a farter. Doesn't matter what I feed him, even on raw/barf he farts - they just smell like broccoli!

Orbit's a real boy - he comes up to you and you think he's leaning in for a kiss, but instead he burps in your face then walks away.....