Heat Cycles

Hi Leema, ahhh, bitches on heat - what fun!

I dont want to tread on anyones toes (flame suit is on stand-by :laugh: ), but when my bitch has her her heat, she seems to be on a mission also. That is - she seems to be on the lookout for DOG! This past heat she was on lead at all times when on an outside mission, be it wee walk or exercise. We are on 5 acres in bush with no dog proof outside fencing, so I was not taking any chances. So..............anyone............is this a normal bitch thing, to look for a dog? Im assuming it is.

As for the dischage - my girl has never shown the "textbook" straw coloured discharge. She has the normal bloody discharge, swollen vulva, etc., but then nothing? :confused: Mind you shes only had three heats. So maybe her body is not in sync yet?

The best bet would be to talk to your breeder - they will know their breed!

RG

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, randy Zola :D Well, Miss Jemima..(my babeeeeeeeee) has just come into her first heat - she has been extra sooky this week and now we know why! Anyhow, yesterday she snuck past my husband out the gate - straight to next door neighbour - who has an 'entire' male weimaraner...

:p my husband was lamenting the loss of his little girl....saying she'll be bringing home boys, and sneaking out...then we realised she HAD snuck out! :cheer:

Well, Miss Jemima..(my babeeeeeeeee) has just come into her first heat - she has been extra sooky this week and now we know why! Anyhow, yesterday she snuck past my husband out the gate - straight to next door neighbour - who has an 'entire' male weimaraner...

:D my husband was lamenting the loss of his little girl....saying she'll be bringing home boys, and sneaking out...then we realised she HAD snuck out! :p

Heehee :cheer:

What an odd coincidence, my baby went on heat for the first time today too, after tell-tale signs for almost a week...

Heard too many amazing on heat escape stories, my girl is staying inside! :angel: