Ringworm

iggy

Would like to know about ringworm, my friend has a 12mth old toy breed, and the dog has a circle bald patch on it's upper front leg. The dog has not scratched it or it hasn't crusted over, it's just a round piece of hair missing, the dog has had it for about 4/5 mths now and would like to know how long it will take to clear up and what is the best cream/ointment/remedy for a speedy clear up.

Any help would be appriciated.

Would like to know about ringworm, my friend has a 12mth old toy breed, and the dog has a circle bald patch on it's upper front leg. The dog has not scratched it or it hasn't crusted over, it's just a round piece of hair missing, the dog has had it for about 4/5 mths now and would like to know how long it will take to clear up and what is the best cream/ointment/remedy for a speedy clear up.

Any help would be appriciated.

If it is ringworm, lavender oil applied a couple of times a day for a week or so usually works. It is a traditional antifungal and antiseptic, used for centuries.

If it is ringworm I would have thought it might have spread to other parts of the animal as well. You could try using Malaseb shampoo once a week and then when dry apply canestan as per the instructions.

The only way to know if it is ringworm is to have the vet check it.

Iodine is anti-fungal, so should kill ringworm.

Ringworm spores(which live a long time) are shed with dead skin cells etc- so if the dog has had ringworm- there would be spores everywhere- possibly infecting other pets and the humans ,too!

Get it checked, if possible- just in case.

oh- just found ringworm article

I don't think it is ringworm, I myself have had ringworm i had 2, not nice. I got it off a farm. And unfortunately passed it onto a dog (Maltese) or the dog passed it onto me??? And the dog was covered in little sores. I have scars on my arm just little tho hardly noticeable.

I don't no of any remedies as I just left mine because I wasn't 100% sure that is was ringworm. I just moisturized them and they eventually went away about 10 months later.