Stem Cell Treatment For Hip Dysplasia.

Yes and its also being used in Australia with horses with some extraordinary success. Hopefully it won't be long before the procedure is availble for humans with severe arthritic conditions as well.

Charles I came in late on last nights programme but if I remember correctly the joint programme between Kuring-gai Vets and Syd (/) Uni has treated 40-50 dogs so far with a 75% success rate (but they didn't really define 'success'). But I got the impression that this is the only practice/project in the country currently doing the procedure. Do you know if that's right?

Cheers

Westiemum :thumbsup:

Sounds hopeful - this technology has been used to repair leg injuries in competition horses in the UK for a while, apparently with a good success rate.

He has also given me the names of owners of two dogs who have had the procedure done, and I will ring them in the next week or so. One is a lady I know in a round about way, and she is a straight talker, so I will be interested in hearing her opinion

This thread brought to my attention due to another thread in 'General'.

Any news from the owners of the two dogs who had this procedure done, CavsRcute?

I spoke to one lady with an 11 year old large breed rescue dog. She was pleased as the dog had only been able to walk 50 metres before collapsing but could now go for a longer stroll. In her eyes the dog seemed a lot happier...not in pain.

This was a matter of about 4 weeks after the operation and she was hoping for more improvements