Quirky Training Habits

Zero knows that when I come out of the house in tracksuit pants with my running shoes on that it's time for walkies. All i have to do is pick up his leash and say "off you go" and he runs to the gate and waits for me there. When i come around the corner he comes running back to me, then back to the gate and touches his nose to it. I once said "shake" while i was near it during this time so now he lifts his foot and points at it too before coming running back to me to have his collar and leash put on.

Zero knows that when I come out of the house in tracksuit pants with my running shoes on that it's time for walkies. All i have to do is pick up his leash and say "off you go" and he runs to the gate and waits for me there. When i come around the corner he comes running back to me, then back to the gate and touches his nose to it. I once said "shake" while i was near it during this time so now he lifts his foot and points at it too before coming running back to me to have his collar and leash put on.

:laugh: Trixie does this too.

Its funny though because some days I will put my runners on and she knows and starts going crazy but other times I put the same runners on (with no intention of taking her for a walk) and she doesn't do anything! Its weird I swear she can read my mind!

2 new ones. every time i put my work uniform on koda thinks its time to go for a ride in the car, so if i take her out to toilet beforehand she spends the whole time sitting at the gate, waiting, rather than peeing and pooping. :laugh:

and now i have taught her fetch, half the time she gets back to me and tosses the ball the last metre so it rolls to my feet. (this is an extention of her learning how to play fetch with herself :))

:D Trixie does this too.

Its funny though because some days I will put my runners on and she knows and starts going crazy but other times I put the same runners on (with no intention of taking her for a walk) and she doesn't do anything! Its weird I swear she can read my mind!

Happens here too! If I'm just going outside and put my tracksuit pants and trainers on he doesn't even look up, but if i do the same thing and we're going for a walk, he knows.... creepy dog!