Anything To Keep Him Quiet?

Guest Tess32

Guest Tess32

Noah needs to be kept quiet for a few days after some chiro work. I can walk him outside etc on lead and so on, but he is very very exciteable and I'm wondering if there is any gentle homeopath remedy or something I could give him to settle him down for a few days?

I would try Rescue Remedy drops/spray.

I had a cat who would hyperventilate and have panic attacks when he was put in the car in his carry cage, the Rescue spray worked very well. My vet also gave him a squirt before his operation and during his recovery in the cage. ;)

Edited by AML

Guest Tess32

I've used it before but didn't notice much difference. Would it just work on anxious dogs? Noah's not anxious, just um, gung ho, hehe.

Yes I know what you mean..........RR isn't going to helpp much there LOL!

Keep all stimulation to a minimum (no visitors etc) and maybe speak with your vet about a mild sedative for a couple of days?

My first boy had to have part of his tail amputated and he kept ripping off the bandages. The vets gave me some pills which made him a bit sleepier than usual and it worked a treat to get his tail healing......can't remember what they were called now.....

:rolleyes: