Silly Partner Buys Blood And Bone

Jey

Partner bought some new plants for the yard today. He also purchased some blood and bone. As soon as I saw that he purchased that I knew it was a bad idea, but thought that the dog is pretty good at avoiding what's bad for him.

Not this time! He thought it was delicious and hoed right in the minute he was unsupervised in the yard. Fortunately it wasn't for very long. I called the vet and she said that he might have some vomiting and diarrhoea, and to keep an eye on him. He seems fine at the moment.

My main issue is that now we have to isolate him from that part of the yard, restricting him to a much smaller section, which I'm sure he will not appreciate. Thus, I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will stay around for.

The obvious answer is to collect it all back up, though. Nup, he wants me to leave it. *sigh*

We had the same experience with our dogs and Dynamic Lifter. They defecated a thousand times a day until they had finished eating it. I assume blood and bone will do the same.

We now put the pellets in water and soak them and pour the liquid on the garden. Solved our problems . :laugh:

Partner bought some new plants for the yard today. He also purchased some blood and bone. As soon as I saw that he purchased that I knew it was a bad idea, but thought that the dog is pretty good at avoiding what's bad for him.

Not this time! He thought it was delicious and hoed right in the minute he was unsupervised in the yard. Fortunately it wasn't for very long. I called the vet and she said that he might have some vomiting and diarrhoea, and to keep an eye on him. He seems fine at the moment.

My main issue is that now we have to isolate him from that part of the yard, restricting him to a much smaller section, which I'm sure he will not appreciate. Thus, I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will stay around for.

The obvious answer is to collect it all back up, though. Nup, he wants me to leave it. *sigh*

Is it pelletised or powder? Whichever one, its quite soluble so just water it in thoroughly and apply mulch on top. I've had a bag of pure Blood and Bone (no additives) in the shed for ages. The dogs continually plot and plan like closet chocolate-eaters and at the first opportunity sidle in to sneak a quick snack before getting busted. ;) While I don't recommend it so far it hasn't done any harm at all even to the worse addict, a sly, scheming, grey-faced 12 year old with very apologetic eyes. (Oops, dammit! you caught me again!) :rofl:

Edited by Trehilyn

Is it pelletised or powder? Whichever one, its quite soluble so just water it in thoroughly and apply mulch on top. I've had a bag of pure Blood and Bone (no additives) in the shed for ages. The dogs continually plot and plan like closet chocolate-eaters and at the first opportunity sidle in to sneak a quick snack before getting busted. ;) While I don't recommend it so far it hasn't done any harm at all even to the worse addict, a sly, scheming, grey-faced 12 year old with very apologetic eyes. (Oops, dammit! you caught me again!) :rofl:

:rofl:

RMC, what kind of sick was your Staffy? Vomiting and pooing? Or anything else?

We had a little extra poo this morning, but he seems ok.

not sure of exact details as it wasnt my dog I just remember him saying 4 nights and how much it cost $$$

It sounds like your dog will be fine... good luck

Princess Lil loves Dynamic Lifter. You can eat it AND roll in it. :rofl:

As it comes pelletised, it must be for dogs right? :dropjaw:

:):rofl:

Aly loves it too!!!

Tell me why do dogs like to roll in smelly yuckky stuff?????? :p