Clomicalm Experiences

4 Paws

depends what it is for. I know someone who pumps it into her dog like no tomorrow and does no behavioural modification - The dog is still an untrustworthy nutcase.

I think at the start of problems its fine, but it does take a couple of weeks for theraputic levels to be maintained and then there is a weaning process. A lot can be changed with different training methods

I have my Standard poodle girl on it. Have for nearly 12 moths. Also did behaviour mod wiht her and she is a diferent dog. We've got a goldie at the shop on it too for anxiety casue she's going blind and works great for her. It just depends on why its needed and if something can be done in conjuction to the meds. But no one knows my girl is on meds unless i tell them. It doesnt zonk her out at all and people dont believe me when i first tell them cause she's so happy. But it just helps her brain settle so she doesnt panic and can think straight. I found it great but will be weaning her off it soon hopefully.

We used it on our eldery golden retriever, who as she got older, became more senile and anxious. She used to desperately try to escape the yard/house whenever someone went out and would pace around the place and chewing on fences, doors etc. We used it for about 3 months and it settled her right down and thankfully even after we stopped using it she remained calm and settled.