Wanting Some Views

Hi Guys,

We feed all our dogs on advance. :panting: Our puppies have thrived after being on Advance Large breed Puppy food, for years we would top up youngsters food with Calcium Sandos liquid but with using the APLB Dry food we have no need to at all.

Hope this has helped even a little :laugh:

I use Eagle Pack Holistic Select Large and Giant Puppy for my 10 month old rottweiler, she has done well on this food...glossy coats/clear eyes and smaller stools and not so many.

When I first got her I fed her IAMS :laugh: and she got dandruff. I got some advice from other rotty owners (a USA rottweiler discussion forum) and found out that it was a costly poor quality kibble. They suggested if I could find them....Eagle Pack Holistic (not the standard EP), Innova, Orijen, California Natural (ok for puppy but high in calories), Canidae All Life Stages (have changed formula so isn't that great anymore). As we do not have as bigger selection of premium kibble as they do in the US we dont have access to some of these foods. The first one I came across was EPH, I then discovered Cali Natural and Innova in a Pet Shop. I refuse to buy from petshops as they promote puppy farms by selling their puppies so I am sticking with EP which I buy from a pet produce store (they dont sell animals).

EPH Is quite expensive, cost me $143 for a 15kg bag, but I dont have to feed her much of it. She also gets supplimented with bones, raw meat, sardines (a few times a week whichs she LOVES) and raw vegies.

Here is the link to EP if you would like to check it out...I believe the Australian site will soon have online ordering which will be good considering the cost of fuel these days... I am posting the US link as it has the full details of the ingredients http://eaglepack.com/Pages/HS_LGPuppy.html

Hope this helps...

Trina

Edited by TrinaJ

:panting: I was wanting to know of a good quality puppy biscuit please.At the moment i am using IAMS puppy smart.Is this biscuit ok as the suppliers will tell you anything.Thanking you in advance.

I have an Australian Shepherd pup. She's 6 months old.

I feed her Purina Pro Plan Puppy Formula.

It gives her this beautiful coat and gloss, her teeth are lovely and her breath is not nasty :laugh:

She doesn't put on weight from it or loose weight either.

I also give her alot of chicken necks, kangaroo meat and rice/vegetable mix.

Purina over here is $104.00 for 17kg which lasts up to two months. I get it freighted to me

from over 400kms away and it sets me back another $18.00 postage.

EPH Is quite expensive, cost me $143 for a 15kg bag, but I dont have to feed her much of it. She also gets supplimented with bones, raw meat, sardines (a few times a week whichs she LOVES) and raw vegies.

Hope this helps...

Trina

$143!!! the RRP for that food is only $124.40 so I'd be looking around a bit more. There are other outlets selling it that dont sell puppies.

Ditto - $124 ish is RRP so I would be asking the store why so expensive?

There are a number of good puppy options. If you do like the idea of Orijen then there are now several outlets in Melbourne that stock it. Artemis has a really good puppy food that is holistic and not nearly as dear as EPH.

Sags

Edited by Sagittarian

Hope this helps...

Trina

$143!!! the RRP for that food is only $124.40 so I'd be looking around a bit more. There are other outlets selling it that dont sell puppies.

Where? I've only found it at Pet Stock (pakenham) The medium breed is $118 there, I know cuz hubby got that one by mistake last time. There is a pet store at Fountain Gate that sell it but I refuse to buy from them, I just cant bring myself to buy from places that promote puppy farms and sell cross bred dogs for insane prices.