Please Recommend A Groomer

kiki

Hi,

I have 2 dogs that need grooming...

1 Japanese spitz, just want a general wash and a good brush. She has a few mats that might need cutting out, and also her ears,face washed etc...

1 Miniature Schnauzer, needs a clip and maybe a wash

I would prefer someone who has some experience with clipping a schnauzer

Prefer south of the river, but don't mind travelling if there's someone good :rofl:

Thanks!

Some groomers will insist on a wash if they're going to clip your dog - clipping a dog with a dirty coat blunts the clipper blades and I don't know about other people, but i use both clippers and scissors on the schnauzer I clip.

Some groomers will insist on a wash if they're going to clip your dog - clipping a dog with a dirty coat blunts the clipper blades and I don't know about other people, but i use both clippers and scissors on the schnauzer I clip.

I didn't say she would be dirty, I am able to bath her beforehand.

Why do you assume she is dirty?

We are all breeds groomers & breeder/exhibitor of minis.

Depends how quickly you want groomed though

Hi there, Thanks for your reply :rofl: There's no rush, although preferably in the next week or two...

Where abouts are you located?

We are booked out till the start of October

Canning Vale

Thanks :rofl: Please send me a message with your contact details. If there is a cancellation, please let me know as well. As I would be happy to bring them in anytime..

Also, in the message could you please let me know the approx prices for the 2 dogs?

Thanks again!

I dog does not need to be "filthy" to be considered dirty to a groomer. Just a few days worth of natural coat oil, dander and dust is enough to make clipping difficult and prevent the groomer attaining a perfect finish. So thats why i always insisit on washing everydog that comes through my place. As soon as owners find out its no cheaper to skip the bath then they are more than happy to let me wash it. So not dirty Kiki in that sense just not freshly bather, groomers tend to blowdry out better as well to get a nicer finish. :(

I dog does not need to be "filthy" to be considered dirty to a groomer. Just a few days worth of natural coat oil, dander and dust is enough to make clipping difficult and prevent the groomer attaining a perfect finish. So thats why i always insisit on washing everydog that comes through my place. As soon as owners find out its no cheaper to skip the bath then they are more than happy to let me wash it. So not dirty Kiki in that sense just not freshly bather, groomers tend to blowdry out better as well to get a nicer finish. :(

Oh...now I understand better :) I just thought maybe a bathe on top of the clip may double the price. But the way you explain it I can see it makes sense for the groomer to bathe them beforehand