Oh My Poor Beaine - Now A Broken Tooth

My poor little girl is so accident prone - it's always her on the wrong end of whatever.

Tonight OH was throwing the ball for Spud & Bean and they both ran after it from different sides of the yard and collided - they've done that before. I"ve just noticed Beanie licking her lip on one side and rubbing her mouth on the floor. On closer inspection it seems that she's broken a tooth - front one next to the canine.

Off to the vet first thing in the morning.

Has anyone else had this type of thing happen? I expect it will have to be removed.

I think it depends on how much she's broken off. If she's exposed the root, then i'd say she'll have to have it removed unless it can be capped, and even then it may not be worth the expense if she'll be fine without it.

Here's hoping she makes a speedy recovery and that it doesn't cause much pain!

She's in hospital now having the tooth extracted. It was split right up through the root. Poor little girl must have been in so much pain. It's Spud's and Beanie's 2nd birthday this coming Saturday - a nice bone is out of the question now in terms of presents.

She's home now - still quite groggy but wouldn't settle and sleep. OH has now had to get into bed and take Beanie with him so she can sleep it off.

As we've only recently moved to the Southern Highlands this was our first time at a new vet in this area. I can't recommend the Bowral Veterinary Hospital highly enough :D. They were wonderful and so caring - all of them, from the receptionist to the nurses to the vet. However, having said that, I hope I don't have to see them too often.