Is He A Big Pup?

sooty.pepper

We have an 18 week old Lab x Border Collie pup who weighs in at over 13kg and measures about 44cm. We get constant remarks that he's such a big dog!

He's got big chunky paws so I imagine that he will end up being on the larger end of the spectrum, but what are your thoughts?

Hrrmmm...not so sure. Our pup's also 18 weeks (pure golden retriever) and she's 17kg and she's about 45cm (at the shoulder). She's by no means overweight- actually she's quite lean. Both her parents aren't huge goldies though, they're more towards the medium end. maybe those people just haven't seen a large breed puppy before :D

We have an 18 week old Lab x Border Collie pup who weighs in at over 13kg and measures about 44cm. We get constant remarks that he's such a big dog!

He's got big chunky paws so I imagine that he will end up being on the larger end of the spectrum, but what are your thoughts?

Maybe, but I think you'll find that growth will start to slow down soon and you'll get more 'outwards' growing rather than 'upwards' growth.

:happydance: Orbit weighed about that at 9wks!!

I see he's not so big now! He's an awesome dog, no matter how big he grows :laugh:

Here are some photos of Rufus. These were taken at 16 weeks, the second one is next to our Husky x Collie (23kgs & quite tall). Aren't they gorgeous?

Tigerlily73 - What is your Husky crossed with?

post-22587-1220317228_thumb.jpg

post-22587-1220317245_thumb.jpg

Edited by sooty.pepper

My Labrador x Shar-pei pup is 17 weeks old, 13.5kgs & about 40cm. She's very stocky, lean and muscly (with big paws too!) and the vet says she's at an excellent weight. I wouldn't worry about your pup - I'm sure he's perfect!

Beautiful looking pups you have

I was just wondering if you are sure about the female being a Shar Pei x Labrador?

Just curious

She is lovely, very cute and I am glad that you saved her, most crosses are not very rolly

The reason I ask is her ear set is neither Shar Pei or Labrador

She looks more GSD to me, just how high up her ears are, I would not be surprised if they stood the whole way up as an adult

Love her name by the way too

Pei cross can be difficult, more than the pures so goodluck LOL

2 pups at once, you are going to need it LOL