Help !

Doghouse

Was walking a pot of hot leg wax out the front yard (dogs were with Miss 6 in backyard..) when Miss 6 opened door let dogs in and Lola bundled into me and I spilled leg wax on one dogs withers.. :mad

No scalding of skin but wax is still stuck in coat (thank god for a double coat) right down to skin.

Have bathed her, cut back excess hair.

How does one get the remainder of the wax out of the coat or should I just try and cut the hair back to the lilly white skin underneath and leave her with bald patches.

I have some neocort..wondering if this would help if there is any sensitivity for the scalding.

Vet does not open til Monday. She is fine.. just waxy..

Edited by Doghouse

If she were a skinkid I'd suggest using ice cubes in small sections to freeze the ice solid so that it can be cracked off easily without leaving too much residue (like putting a tablecloth in the freezer to get wax off it without leaving a mark). Failing that, maybe you could disolve it with a hot bath?

Hmmm...dunno....what a dilemma. Hope she's ok and doesn't suffer too many ill effects.

Oh and for the areas that might be scalded, maybe some sorbolene + vit E cream, or some aloe vera could be the go?

Wouldn't the wax remover that is used to wipe off excess wax from us humans after waxing if finished get the wax off?

I have a bottle of it in the bathroom.

I think it would be pretty safe to just pour onto the hair or if you were concerned then soak a cloth in it.

I guess there goes your smooth legs for a nice day untill you sort out your doggy. :mad