Burst Abscess Updated

I have just noticed one of my fur kids had some matted coat on her rump which wasn' t there a few days ago when I brushed her, closer inspection after been blown back from the smell I cut her hair away from area and looks like a cat has clipped her.

Not too sure apart from bathing in Salty water to keep the area clean and expressing the goop from it what else could I do?? Should I take her to the vet or would this be ok?? I have got some Antiseptic powder would I be able to put that on the help dry it out? Any suggestions would be great.

Edited by Owned by Shelties

The homeopathic remedy Hepar Sulph is fantastic for abscesses, intact or burst - cleans them right up - just give orally several times a day for several days as well as using some calendula ointment topically to help the healing process.

Went to vet and she told me it was the tail end of a Hot Spot, gave me some Antibiotics and some Neo-topical cream to use twice a day. She said it should be healed up with in the week and with me bathing twice a day with salty warm water was a good thing. She want to shave my dogs coat off until I told her NO way she's a show dog.