Need To Vent- Grooming Clients Being Bad Part 1000

OhMarley

If you own a dog that you know to be aggressive, a dog thats had to be sedated for grooming... when you bring it to a new groomer (i.e. me) you should tell them!!!!!!!

What really annoys me is that when he was admitted this morning and i discussed the groom with him he made no mention of the dog having any behavioral issues.

This dog today seriously was a physco, had i not already been a little suspicious of it i would have been totally mauled! ARUGH and the owner when I called to talk to him about the dog just laughed and said "Yeah he's a real physco really aggressive usually have him sedated" !!!!! :o:eek::eek:

So not impressed and I let him know that it was very irresponsible to not inform someone of his dogs aggression issues when he's fully aware of it and I been injured it would have no been a laughing matter! He was then very apologetic etc etc still just not good enough in my books!

End of vent :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I've had quite a few of them.

The last were evil twins, and when I commented on their behaviour to the owner she sheepishly admitted she does the rounds of all the salons in the area. I've accepted them as permanent clients and they have improved somewhat, quick little buggers though. Thankfully I now have a Groomers Friend which helps for the fast ones :o

The irony is the terrible snappers are usually the most snuggly off the table.

I wonder what the grounds are for prosecution if he actually got ahold of you.

All be it would not help if you were injured.

Would be good to know where you stand as far as prosecution goes so we can tell these owners up front the liabilities they face let alone the moral issues of owning a dog like that. (Then the poor dog would probably not be brought in for grooming!!!)

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

As far as I know Challenge Dog Supplies in Brookvale are the only Oz suppliers. I don't know if they've got any left from their last shipment though as I had to wait some time. Best to give them a call and put your name down. :rolleyes:

I just had my suspicions about it from the outset, the poor dog was in the most horrendous state, i couldnt even see his face! I kept a close eye on him and when i felt he was looking like he may snap i muzzled him. Lucky i did when i got to his legs he went ferral!!!! I had a nurse hold him.

And Clyde you absolutely right off the table he was such a sweet boy. He's just been neglected and not introduced to grooming correctly... also not castrated and the owner is a very strange man, the dogs ended up thinking he's king pin.

I have a groomers helper too and got it from the same place when i was in Sydney, fantastic devise!

I have been hurt before by a dog the owner knew to be aggressive and I let her know how upset i was, i was only new to grooming then. I ended up with injuries to my hand, i was lucky it didnt get infected otherwise i would have been in trouble. It still bothers me now as it was in the joint.

Some people are very silly. I feel sorry for the dogs that react that way to grooming, I always wonder what has happened to them in the past and hope that down the track if they get used to you and your nice to them they'll turn out ok.

Thanks for the replies everyone, sometimes you just need to vent!

As far as I know Challenge Dog Supplies in Brookvale are the only Oz suppliers. I don't know if they've got any left from their last shipment though as I had to wait some time. Best to give them a call and put your name down. :rofl:

Thanks guys for the advice on the groomers friend, I will have a look into it a bit further.

Its horrible, isn't it. :rofl: We had a few ferals like that. One was so bad it took me about 2.5 hours to clip her. She was totally wild. Why? Well she had never been clipped as a puppy and was now 2yrs old. She went absolutely psycho. I went and got the owners (we were mobile groomers) and made them hold her so they could see how bad she was. We did her again once after that and then never from them again. Poor dog.

I told one of my irregular clients today that if I ever saw her dog in that condition again I would report her for neglect/cruelty. Spineless woman didn't have the balls to collect the dog when I was finished and instead sent a friend. Doubt she'll be back. I just hope the dog gets done elsewhere. I bit my tongue last time I did her, and that was one year ago.....

It's a very close community here but I doubt it will affect me as she would (should) be too embarassed to say anything.

The most divine little dog too.

eta: and to further piss me off she said the dog was done by her 'groomer friend' two months ago. Yehhh right! She hadn't been touched since I did her last. I took photos too.

Edited by Clyde

Yep i have had a few of them as well. Its like they just assume you have sedatives on hand and you will figure out they need sedating and just give it to them- well that seems to be the adittude of the ones i have had. I now some groomers sedate but we dont and have it advertised everywhere.

Very irrisponsible of that owner glad your ok but.

I got bitten quite badly by a GSD. The owner told me afterwards that no one could do anything with it and that it gave the vet heaps of grief. Dog had been lovely and friendly when I arrived too. It actually bit me before I got it in the van to wash. I was slightly peeved that she hadn't told me earlier!!