Extra Good Vet Clinics In Perth.

Guest english.ivy

Guest june.andnovas

from my pervious cat thread i require a vet in Perth .. im located in belmont and happy to travel upto 30 minutes for a vet. my cat hasn't had much car travel so i don't want to stress him out in a long car journey.

i have had bad experiences before so i'm looking for a clinic that you have had no troubles with, trusting maybe?

are there any holistic vets that don't charge too much on consultation?

I'm not sure about the travel time, but I've found South St Vets in O'Connor to be really good.

They explain things really well and in a way that is easily understood.

They handle the animals really well, both my cat and dog seem to like going there (cat doesn't like to travel too much, but likes the vet).

The prices are fairly average for most things and their desexing is very very reasonable (with a free microchip too!)

I know of a holistic vet in the Bibra Lake area, but I have never been to her so I can't give any reccomendations. Her website is here

Guest june.andnovas

awesome thanks. pretty sure i know the area so i shall give them a call. around 25 kms from my place!

i know of Claire Middle and she would be a little pricey for this time around, though i do plan on taking my puppy to her in the future.

Ascot Vet in Belmont is supposed to be good. On Great Eastern Highway.

I use Vic Park Vets (they also have a clinic at Lathlain). I am about to take them in a big box of chocolates and tin of biscuits because they are such great people there and I have had a lot to do with them lately.

Applecross vets are supposed to be very good as well.

There is also one in South Perth on Labouchere Road, near the Zoo.

And of course, there's Claire Middle - well known and trusted.

There really are a lot of vet practices around, it may just be a matter of going to a couple until you find one you are happy with.

:rofl:

Edited by ~ArtyFarty~

from my pervious cat thread i require a vet in Perth .. im located in belmont and happy to travel upto 30 minutes for a vet. my cat hasn't had much car travel so i don't want to stress him out in a long car journey.

i have had bad experiences before so i'm looking for a clinic that you have had no troubles with, trusting maybe?

are there any holistic vets that don't charge too much on consultation?

We have been using Applecross Vet personally for 15+ years and they are excellent, however the holistic vet we have had recommended to us by several of our boarding clients (we have boarding kennels) is Carolyn Jackson at East Fremantle Vet Clinic - couldn't tell you how much she charges etc as we haven't personally used her but apparently she is very good.

Hope that helps, good luck with your kitty! :rofl:

We have been using Applecross Vet personally for 15+ years and they are excellent, however the holistic vet we have had recommended to us by several of our boarding clients (we have boarding kennels) is Carolyn Jackson at East Fremantle Vet Clinic - couldn't tell you how much she charges etc as we haven't personally used her but apparently she is very good.

Hope that helps, good luck with your kitty! :(

So many people use the Applecross Vet - they must be SO busy!! I have also heard there are some vets there that are better than others but it depends on who you clique with I guess.

I have seen Carolyn Jackson at East Freo Vets when I had my first Goldie - she was indeed very good but that is a fair hike for a cat that isn't so keen on car travel. I went there because Claire Middle used to work there but ended up seeing Carolyn because Claire had started up her own practice in Bibra Lake (from home).

Another place you may be interested in is here: www.holisticanimalmedicines.com

I get all my homeopathic treatments from here, but you do need to know a little about homeopathics. Their website is very good, and they do have online consultations as well if you have a specific issue. They are quick to respond to emails and I can't recommend them highly enough :thumbsup:

I use Vic Park Vets (they also have a clinic at Lathlain). I am about to take them in a big box of chocolates and tin of biscuits because they are such great people there and I have had a lot to do with them lately.

I've used all of these vets over the years (I've moved a bit!!!) and these have all been brilliant! I also quite like Balcatta Vet on Erindale road which is a 24 hour vet. Ballajura Vet was brilliant with sewing Chelsea back together earlier this year when she got attacked by another dog.

OUt of all of them, I liked Vic Park vets the most - they were a great team there. I might be a little biased though as the location played a big part of me liking them - I literally lived across the road at the time (in the cream townhouses for those that know the area)

Edited by ChelseasMum

Guest june.andnovas

I've used all of these vets over the years (I've moved a bit!!!) and these have all been brilliant! I also quite like Balcatta Vet on Erindale road which is a 24 hour vet. Ballajura Vet was brilliant with sewing Chelsea back together earlier this year when she got attacked by another dog.

OUt of all of them, I liked Vic Park vets the most - they were a great team there. I might be a little biased though as the location played a big part of me liking them - I literally lived across the road at the time (in the cream townhouses for those that know the area)

defiantly a good list to choose from.

will never go back to Balcatta Vet .. had my English Pointer there four years ago. she was on a drip for about three days and i wasn't happy with the way they were treating her. she ended up having liver cancer and we had to put her down. she was in the vet suffering for days when she should have been diagnosed earlier and pts.