Help! Daisy Has Eaten A Huge Bunch Of Grapes!

Joypod

Hi guys, i just got home and found a large bunch of grapes (that I'd thought were out of reach of little long nose) eaten with only the stems scattered around the floor. I'm not sure when it happened but it was bound to be Daisy, my 11 month old whippet as gus can't reach up that high.

I gave them both a chicken wing for dinner and she buried hers which i've never seen her do so she's obviously not feeling particularly hungry. There was runny poo in the back yard too. Other than that, she's running around and seems to be ok.

Should I be worried or should I just keep an eye on her? What should i look out for anyway?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I know that grapes are toxic but aren't sure what I should be doing!

Vic

Thanks Mel and Kirty. :thumbsup:

I've just found some vomit on the back porch so she's already got most of them up by herself by the look of things. I also just saw her dig up her wing and eat it so she's probably going to be ok.

I'll call the 24 hour vet in Blackburn anyway. Just to be sure.

Thanks.

thanks everyone for your replies. Gus and Daisy are both at the Werribee Animal Hospital and are staying there overnight on a drip to help flush their kidneys. I'm glad I took them in, they're definitely in the best place possible.

It's still pretty upsetting though. It's horrible coming home to their empty beds. :laugh:

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Vic

Thank heavens for emergency vets.

I'm sure with renal support they will be home no worse for wear and getting into mischief again in no time.

I bet they are wondering what they did to end up there after such a lovely adventurous day, at least they'll get lots of attention!

Hi all,

Just a quick update about the kids. Gus is fine but Daisy has one cast in her blood. From what I understand, that's not serious and won't affect her kidneys long term. They're doing one more blood test on her just to make sure it's not progressing but it sounds like they'll both be ok to bring home tonight. YAY!

I'm so relieved and so thankful I got them to hospital when I did.

Thanks again for all your advice and support.

Vic :laugh:

Hey Disorder! I'm good babe. Still alive and kicking. :thumbsup:

Both kids are back home now and snoozing again on their beds. Right where they love to be.

I'll have to take some new pics of the Guster and post them in the Frenchie thread for you all.

Vic

:rofl: