Clipper Question

Clyde

I recently retired my trusty Osters and bought the Wahl KM-2s.

Even though the Wahl are nicer to hold, I am finding that the blades are heating up so quickly it's ridiculous (on both pairs).

I would have thought Osters would have gotten hotter, faster and was looking forward to the Wahls.

Anyone else have this problem?

No sadly I didn't. It came down to pink, or regular with a free 5 blade. Being the bargain hunter that I am I opted for regular.

And bugger ;) I should have gone with Andis then! Looks like I'll have to fork out more $ and get them :laugh:

The problem you are having is due to the speed of the clipper. Most of the modern clippers have a high stroke rate and this will generate heat,especially on the higher size blades (#10 etc).

The solution is to ensure the blades are oiled; you can run on the lower speed; you can change blades when they get hot and make sure the blade is not over tensioned.

Thanks Poodle3081 . Blades are fine (both tension and oil).

I'm a bit frustrated as, if I was happy to clip on low speed I wouldn't have 'upgraded' my clippers. They should be able to clip for longer than they are without getting too hot - Well I believe they should anyway.