A Question For Perth People.

Guest english.ivy

Guest june.andnovas

I'm looking to find a new supplier of raw meats, pet consumption only. as human butchers are too expensive! also i want the meat and ground bone together.

I heard of a place in Obsorne Park but not too sure of the address ... anyone know? also the meat has to be preservative free ofcourse.

defiantly want to purchase fresh meat as i freeze it into daily serves.

Guest june.andnovas

midland, nice and close to me!

there is a place in bassendean which i go to now but want a change.

if the raw meat has small amounts of green in it, does that mean it has a preservative? the meat from bassendean has green bits in it :laugh:

Lenards have ground chicken frames (pet mince they call it). They also sell chicken carcasses for about 30 cents each.

I often go to Cheapa Chicken in Osborne Park and get frames from there - 8 in a bag for about $2.

Othwerwise, just make friends with a nice butcher and see if he will grind up some food for you.

I have a great butcher who are extremely expensive for their human meats (absolutely worth it mind you) but they will go out of their way to get good bones for me, nothing too fatty.

midland, nice and close to me!

there is a place in bassendean which i go to now but want a change.

if the raw meat has small amounts of green in it, does that mean it has a preservative? the meat from bassendean has green bits in it :laugh:

There is a place in Midvale just off Farrel road " A & D pet meats" its preservative & colouring free, I think the green bits are from the meat stamp from the Abbitoir???

Guest june.andnovas
i just found a great place in Wangara... but i'm not sharing :laugh:

i would bother you for the address but wangara is tooooo far for me!

Farrell road sounds great, may have to pay them a visit this saturday, will they be open???

A side question quickly ... if a cat is fussy and will only eat her raw meat every second day, then should i change her food or keep her on the same and she will eat when shes hungry? i really don't want to make her fussy!

i just found a great place in Wangara... but i'm not sharing :scared:

i would bother you for the address but wangara is tooooo far for me!

Farrell road sounds great, may have to pay them a visit this saturday, will they be open???

A side question quickly ... if a cat is fussy and will only eat her raw meat every second day, then should i change her food or keep her on the same and she will eat when shes hungry? i really don't want to make her fussy!

my 14yo cat has just changed to BARF patties, he was a bit iffy about it at first, but now he loves them, but at least one a week i give him a chicken neck instead, and he doesn't touch it... naturally he remains hungry until the next night.

if he wasn't 14yo i would be more persistant in getting him to eat it, but i doubt you can teach and old cat new tricks :laugh:

Guest june.andnovas
my 14yo cat has just changed to BARF patties, he was a bit iffy about it at first, but now he loves them, but at least one a week i give him a chicken neck instead, and he doesn't touch it... naturally he remains hungry until the next night.

if he wasn't 14yo i would be more persistant in getting him to eat it, but i doubt you can teach and old cat new tricks :scared:

my older cat is like that .. sometimes he won't eat his chicken necks for dinner .. i tell him he will just have to go hungry and wait for breakfast as there is nothing else to eat! wow he isn't a happy chappy. you should see the frown he gives me!!

cats can frown for sure!

if he wasn't 14yo i would be more persistant in getting him to eat it, but i doubt you can teach and old cat new tricks :thumbsup:

my older cat is like that .. sometimes he won't eat his chicken necks for dinner .. i tell him he will just have to go hungry and wait for breakfast as there is nothing else to eat! wow he isn't a happy chappy. you should see the frown he gives me!!

cats can frown for sure!

nasty beast they are. but i as much as i don't like them as a species, after two years, my boy is kinda growing on me.

Guest june.andnovas

I'm going to try A&D Pet Meats in Midvale after work today. My kitten is starting to get fussy so a change is required!

Let you know what I think about them. Hopefully they do chicken necks too.

Guest june.andnovas

well went to A&D pet meats and they were really good though the place smelt like death. shouldn't smell to bad next time i go back :thumbsup:

they make and pack it all there so it's wholesale price and $2.80 per kg or fresh clean meats, munched up bones too.

the lovely elderly lady was very helpful and think she was glad to see a new face.

so i will defiantly be going back there .. my cats loved to meat as it was so fresh. my kitten is normally a little picky when she eats but i brought her lamb chunks and she went nuts over it!

I buy the dogs:

Lamb "off cuts" from Coles, they are flat, finger sized pieces of what looks like lamb ribs. Its in the human meat section. One tray is about $2.00-$3.50 ish.

Bulk hamburger mince, human grade from Coles/Woolies.

Chicken frames from Lennards. The Lennards in Garden City sell them for $4.00 for a bag of 10 frames or 50c each.

King River International in Canning Vale is the cheapest source I've found . . . especially if you buy in bulk. Their kennel mince is lean and $2 (bulk) or $2.20 (single pack)/kg. Chicken necks, same price as kennel mince. 2 kg bags of roo tail segments are $3. Chicken carcasses $6/bag . . . a bag is 20 carcasses . . . may weigh as much as 14 kg or as little as 8 kg . . . often with neck on. They are big roo exporters, and also have roo for human consumption. And if you run a zoo, they'll sell you a whole container load :cooldance: