A Question For Perth People.

Guest english.ivy

King River International in Canning Vale is the cheapest source I've found . . . especially if you buy in bulk. Their kennel mince is lean and $2 (bulk) or $2.20 (single pack)/kg. Chicken necks, same price as kennel mince. 2 kg bags of roo tail segments are $3. Chicken carcasses $6/bag . . . a bag is 20 carcasses . . . may weigh as much as 14 kg or as little as 8 kg . . . often with neck on. They are big roo exporters, and also have roo for human consumption. And if you run a zoo, they'll sell you a whole container load :cooldance:

That sounds like the place I was looking for a while back!

Can you post the address please? :(

ETA - googled it and found the address :cry:

Edited by ~ArtyFarty~

The Pet Chef... he's in midland, but he delivers (I think most metro areas)

What exactly does the Pet Chef sell? I've always wondered. I drive past their shop all the time.

Ok, hope this is readable, its a photo of their menu...

petchefmenu.jpg

I found Better Pets and Gardens sells barf too and came across "Pet Custom Diets" which I am told works great for dogs with allergies. It is all 100% preservative and additive free. The ingredients are Camel, sweet potato, vitamins, minerals, sunflower oil although I think it also comes in roo. It costs around $5.50 for 600 grams.

Guest june.andnovas
Do you know the opening hours of A & D Pet Meats? Nice and close to me.

have their phone number 9250 1030.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather feed the cheapest human grade mince I can than pet grade but thats just me. My butcher has a few different types of human grade mince so I've got a decent variety in price.

It may be too far but there is a meat wholesaler in Malaga, not sure what its called but I think it is near the markets, could do some research if you're interested. Another place someone else suggested is a butcher opposite Meat Lovers Paradise in Mt Hawthorn - its would be on Wanneroo Rd I think and straight across the road from MLP.