Demadex

Hi,

Anyone had anything to do with Demadex?

I am trying to find instructions and MSDS on the product.

I have a job on Saturday, I was told mites but as I suspected they left off the part of "Mange Mite"

I know it is made by Delvet Pty Ltd, but cannot find anything that tells me how to use it etc.

I wanted to be a bit more prepared before I got there, that's all.

ta

Thanks Guys,

I will call Delvet later an speak to them.

Rappie, Instructions say to wash dog first, then sponge over solution. Should I wash dog in trailer? Whislt I have Hydroflush to wash out tub afterwards.

what are the risks of contamination (if any)

ta

Sarcoptic mange and bush ticks, 5ml of Demadex to a litre of water. Demadectic mange, 10 ml to a litre of water.

I have a bottle of it here, I bought it to get rid of a tiny spot of d.mange on Dusty. It worked well, but it's very potent so use with extreme care.

ETA bath dog first , rinse then pour over Demadex dilute. Allow it to dry on the dog, repeat weekly.

Edited by GayleK

It is nasty stuff. You shouldn't use it if you have asthma, or pregnant. It says to use overalls, gloves and goggles from memory then shower afterwards. Do not let it touch the skin or breathe it in as well from memory I have had to use it a few times at work and hated every minute of it. In the end I refused to use it.

Depends on which mange it is. Demodectic are not contagious, so it wont be a problem. Sarcoptic are contagious.

I did not wash my bitch before each application, she was washed and stayed in the kitchen during her treatment.

i'm using it at the moment on my foster dog Blossom who has demodedic mange. Once a week. I'm hoping it is working, I think it is :laugh:

It's horrible stuff, smells so badly and Blossom who is very good in the bath jumps when I pour it on her, it must sting. I wash her in the bathtub and keep the fan going.

I wash her first in malaseb, then pour it over her and keep scooping it up and pouring over her again. Last weekend I put some diluted in a spray bottle and sprayed some on her as well. I think that was an effective way if not long process.

I use rubber gloves and lock all my other pets well away from her until she is washed and dried. Then I change my clothes and wash them together with the towels I use. I would hate to be using it on a struggling dog, lucky Blossy is pretty good about it all.

I just used it on a tiny patch (much diluted and dabbed on, not all over her) under her breeders instruction.

I'd be so, so hesitant to actually wash a dog in it.....it's very powerful and stinks to high heaven.

I would not use it on a breed that is Ivermectin Sensitive( Collies, Aussies, Shelties etc) unless they have been DNA tested as CLEAR for the Ivermectin Sensitivity- dna test costs about $60 here in Oz

This is a Doberman, under vets instructions