Border Collie Clip In Townsville?

Michelle3

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in Townsville? The only one I've seen is in Pet HQ, but don't know if they are any good.

I need to get Jack the border collie (was a stray a few wks ago, no-one come forward for him so now he's mine) clipped and as he is pretty timid I need to find someone with experience and patience.

Cheers,

Michelle

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in Townsville? The only one I've seen is in Pet HQ, but don't know if they are any good.

I need to get Jack the border collie (was a stray a few wks ago, no-one come forward for him so now he's mine) clipped and as he is pretty timid I need to find someone with experience and patience.

Cheers,

Michelle

BCs are double coated. Why do you want to clip him?

hi puggy_puggy,

I have cut out the worst of the matts myself as you say, but I didn't want to get too close to the skin in case i hurt him, he has sores where the matts were/are.

I am bathing him and using betadine on the sores but I was thinking a clip all over just once would get rid of all the yuck and also let me get at the sores, it's hard to get the betadine onto the actual skin. Even letting the sunshine in would be a help I think.

Don't clip him if you can avoid it. With BCs when you clip them the coat grows back thicker and harder to manage. If you have to just clip the really bad bits and hand clip the rest. A brush like the mars coat king will also help to get the undercoat out.

I would get some malaseb and wash him in that - it is antibacterial and anti fungal. Curash powder also helps to dry them out. You might also need to get some anti biotics from the vet if tyhe sores are infected.

Edited by Janba

Don't clip him if you can avoid it. With BCs when you clip them the coat grows back thicker and harder to manage. If you have to just clip the really bad bits and hand clip the rest. A brush like the mars coat king will also help to get the undercoat out.

I would get some malaseb and wash him in that - it is antibacterial and anti fungal. Curash powder also helps to dry them out. You might also need to get some anti biotics from the vet if tyhe sores are infected.

OK, I'll give the malaseb a try this week. He's got an appointment with the vet on Sat for a general check so I'll get him to look at the sores then too. I've only just used the scissors on the matts as low down as I could go without hurting him.

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...