Where Can I Find A List Of Dog Clubs In My Area?

If we get together today Im doing a simple track or two and can show you guys how to start your dogs on that.

I will also do some obedience (heeling, sit on the move, SFE, figure of 8 and can do a group stay, could do out of sight one too if others were watching my dog and Rex will need to be tied up in case he decides to go to other dogs)

Im happy to do the obediecne (or most parts of it) in a group on lead.

I need someone to watch me and tell me if Im using hand signals. I need someone to call the excercise as a judge would in the obedicne ring.

Kavik if you come can you please show me how to start on the send away.

Edited by Monelite

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure no problem. Just need to see if it is too far or not. Kaos is my best send away dog - we can do up to 54 paces at the park. Diesel is not as good - only about 15 paces or he loses interest :) probably best stick to tracking with him ;)

ETA: won't be today - Kaos has diahroea (can never spell that!) and off to vet.

Edited by Kavik

We had a good little session.

I think the grounds are very good, its about 10 football fields joined up and there are lights there. there were two fields used for sports, we took the furthest one away and it was perfect.

Not only that but I also found a fenced leash free park just around the corner. And its also lit up after dark.

In case the sports fields were all taken the lights from the dog park give enough onto the grassy area next to it that it would be possible to train next to the leash free area.

I think its a good find and easy to get to, plenty of parking, not many houses around so no complaining neighbours about barking dogs etc.

I definitelly want to go there again if others are keen.

Plus I think the other part of the park needs to be explored, we can see whats the lighting there near the water.

So the "official" DOL training club has started. :thumbsup:

Ruthless is the president, Im noone as its all informal, no joining fees to collect, no ground fees and no insurance to pay.

Wednesdays 7pm at the Tempe Recreational Reserve Holbeach Ave Tempe.

I will try to be there earlier most of the time.

• 3 months later...

I'd be interested to know if this is still happening too!

Stevie the therapy dog is a very good girl, even though I stuff up basic footwork for myself, but I'd love to get some advice on Jodie and Terry!

ETA when does Hurstville AB start again?

Edited by Katdogs

Yes we have been going, although we became very slack recently, the weather was not in our favor recently.

I will be out of action for a while, but we will definitely be going back if few weeks time. Divani will have a trial mid April so I will need to remind her what obedience is all about as she seems to have forgotten, since we have been doing nothing recently.

Stevie the therapy dog will be needed if possible at the end of March Pretty Please for a puppy interaction.

Also I think that deelee might finally come over as well.

Hurstville starts second week of March.

Edited by MonElite